Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What..no discusion on Lohse's performance?

Re: What..no discusion on Lohse's performance?

It was his first start in the National League. Most of these guys haven't faced him yet. The one thing I'm most encouraged in were his strikeouts. He showed a knack for missing bats. I like that.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Gary Redus Ruled

I said Lohse was the guy I wanted them to get..I hope he keeps it up.
    Hoping for another Reds October

If Lohse seals the #5 slot with more good perfomances and they go to the playoffs, then W. Krivsky could make any move from here to the end of time and I will never second guess him again.

I was real happy with what I saw and I hope he can keep it up.The guys only 27 so he has some upside and the pitches to make him successfull.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp
    He can get the ball into the lower to mid 90's, but the command and not having a 'power arm' so to speak has gotten him in trouble.
    I guess people's definition of a "power arm" may be different, but Lohse was clocked consistantly yesterday at 95 mph and I would consider that power arm. There are reasons why he has put up some ugly numbers, but watching him pitch yesterday convinced me that he has good enough stuff to be a good pitcher. Hopefully, the Reds can help him.

Turn Off Ads?