Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Do you use tobacco???

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • I admit it, I smoke... but I'm trying to quit.

16 16.16%
  • Just a little pinch between my cheek and gum.

10 10.10%
  • I smoke, dip, chew Nicorette, and use the patch all at the same time.

3 3.03%
  • No way.

70 70.71%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tobacco usage

Tobacco usage

Just getting a feel for the crowd.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tobacco usage

Haha, picked up that habit in the days of high school hockey. Can't kick to the damn curb, love and hate it at the same time. Grizzly all the way!!
    I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.

Funny you should bring this up. I quit for three months earlier this year, slipped on my birthday in late May and have been chipping until recently. Now, I'm officially a smoker again. I'd gotten to the point of only wanting them when I drank, I really liked not smoking. But as Oscar Wilde once said, smoking is the perfect vice because it leaves you unsatisfied.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

I'm on my 24th day of smokebriety right now, and feeling good. There are still cravings, but they are no where near as bad as before, and I find it easier to redirect myself.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I quit dipping about a year and a half ago. It was tough but I'm very glad I did.

Quit smoking 18 years ago.

I've never smoked a cigarette
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I'm a cigar man

Can't stand it.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Can't stand it.
    prefer the crooked ones, eh?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    I've never smoked a cigarette
    You're smart. Stay that way

Man Pills

7 1/2 years without a cigarette.

When I was 8, my dad caught me with a pack of cigarettes. After taking me for a couple laps around the garage with his belt, I got the sense he wasn't too happy about it. Never smoked a cigarette again.

I smoke one cigar a year on the 4th of July to light fireworks with. Tobacco is about the only vice I don't have.

Pay attention to the open sky

The only time I smoked a cigarette was about 36 years ago ( I was 11). It was sort of a right of passage before you went into junior high. I snuck a couple of my Dad's Salems and went with a girlfriend down to the culvert by the creek - took one puff and gagged. I seriously thought I would die right there - gave the other cig to the girlfriend. I think she still smokes.

OTOH... My Dad until 1971 when he got a bleeding ulcer - smoked about 2 packs a day. He would buy muliple cartons at the commissary at Wright Pat and signed a form - I assuming that he wouldn't resale them. My little sister started when she was around 13 - still smokes, and one of my older sisters started when she went into the Navy - still smokes.
    Last edited by KittyDuran; 08-07-2006 at 11:38 PM.
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 23-18 - FINAL
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1 - FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I quit smoking 10-12 times a day...
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Turn Off Ads?