Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wake up call

Wake up call

Well before I start rambling, let me first say that I'm 21 years old, and haven't seen that much success from the
    Reds. I don't remember 1990, and vaguely remember 95, but I really didn't fully grasp the game of baseball or the Reds until 1998, so 1999 is really the only true experience I have as far as winning baseball is concerned. Before the game tonight, I had butterflies, and those butterflies quickly turned to a sickening feeling after about 10 pitches.

With that being said, I truly do believe that this game tonight could be good for the team. Obviously, it could also be disastrous, and spell the beginning of the end for our ballclub. But the way I look at it is, ever since Krivsky started all of this wheeling and dealing, all this team has heard is how good they are, how improved they are, how they're giving the Cards a run for their money, how they're now the prohibitive favorite in the Wild Card, and on and on. This loss is a wake-up call. This loss reminds us that the Cardinals are still the team to beat until we beat them, and we haven't accomplished a damn thing yet. I think it will show them how far they are away, and how hard they'll have to work the rest of the way. But hopefully this game is the kick in the butt that this team needed. I'll be at that game tomorrow, and I'll be there with my head held high, knowing that we still at least share the lead in the Wild Card, and that tomorrow is a whole new day with which to work with. It was an awful game... but a game that might serve as motivation the rest of the way. At least I hope...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wake up call

its a wake up call to all the "experts on this board who didnt see that we A) got no starting pitching B) gave up waaay too much and C) the bullpen was overrated by EVERYONE on this board except me and now you see your mistakes

*grinning with smug look on face*

It's one game out of 162 my friend. Besides, with Kearns and Lopez this team was a little over .500, and without them they're STILL a little over .500, so I can't blame any recent slide on that trade.

They came out flat for a big game... it happens.... Its only 1 game... We play them tomorrow... We have our horses coming up....

If Milton can some how find out how to keep that one inning to a minimal and Jerry Narron doesn't keep him in to long ... we'll be fine....

Just gotta sit back, relax and watch baseball...
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

its one game.

its an exceptionally poor year in the NL.

last I checked, there was still plenty of season left.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by KalDanielsfan
    its a wake up call to all the "experts on this board who didnt see that we A) got no starting pitching B) gave up waaay too much and C) the bullpen was overrated by EVERYONE on this board except me and now you see your mistakes

*grinning with smug look on face*
    You may and are probably right on the pen and the trade but our top 3 starters Harang, Arroyo and Milton are 28-19 and thats not to bad.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

its one game.

its an exceptionally poor year in the NL.

last I checked, there was still plenty of season left.
    You can't continue to say that. Every game is absolutely crucial at this juncture. We are tied for the wildcard now with the Dodgers. A loss tomorrow, and we not only fall back further to the Cards, but we're also likely to fall out of first place for the wild card.

Yeah, there's still a lot of baseball left and yeah, we're not going to win them all. But, we have to play better baseball than what was shown tonight. With the lineup we had tonight (pretty strong), 1 run for the game with run inflated Jeff Weaver on the mound is pathetic. The starting pitching was terrible and relief wasn't great either, but the effort was poor (if not non-existent).
    Last edited by fearofpopvol1; 08-08-2006 at 01:40 AM.

I read McCoy's recap of the game a few minutes ago. Ramirez was EXTREMELY nervous in the bullpen warming up before the game. Not exactly the message that you want to send to your teammates before the game. You're right, every game is crucial, whether it be this late in the season or even April, but the team just has to find a way to get over it and pick itself up off the mat. Remember when Milwaukee hammered us like 11-0 earlier in the year? Then Harang came right back and shut them out, and we won 11-0, or whatever the score was. This team has battled back before, hopefully they can do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by vic715
    You may and are probably right on the pen and the trade but our top 3 starters Harang, Arroyo and Milton are 28-19 and thats not to bad.
    what's arroyo's record post ASB???

what i mean is, is that the total lack of intelligence on WK's part made him tweak out and get average middle relief for the bullpen (how many crappy lefties do we have now in the pen again???) instead of a #3 or #4 (or maybe a second tier #2) for lopez/kearns.

Blinded by hope....everyone..including the media.. i would have rather have kept our original pre-asb team, and maybe given up a prospect plus lopez OR kearns for a SP and some bullpen help.

ridiculous.

Krivsky's lack of intelligence also brought in Ross, Phillips, Hatteberg, and Arroyo. Take those four out of the equation, and we wouldn't even be having this discussion right now. There's no doubt that we gave up a lot in the trade. And also no doubt that it's not working the way we would have liked. But give it more time. I think Bray is going to be something special for us, in whatever role we use him in.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy
    Krivsky's lack of intelligence also brought in Ross, Phillips, Hatteberg, and Arroyo. Take those four out of the equation, and we wouldn't even be having this discussion right now. There's no doubt that we gave up a lot in the trade. And also no doubt that it's not working the way we would have liked. But give it more time. I think Bray is going to be something special for us, in whatever role we use him in.
    oh im sorry, i forgot Ross, Phillips, hatteburg, and arroyo are having career years.. yeah krivsky totally didnt guess and get lucky. he knew they wre gonna begin their HOF careers in Reds uni's..

nobody wanted ross, cleveland who almsot made the playoffs last year didnt want phillips, hatteburg had a garbage year last year, and arroyo is a #5 starter / middle reliever in the American League.

yeah executive of the year!

Arroyo a 5th starter/middle reliver in the AL?

psshhh... I can see why you have the rep standing you do.

The man is only supporting a 3.47 ERA, and 127k's ... That isn't no 5th starter/middle reliver type of stats.

I bet you any amount of cash you want if you asked the Indians GM if he wanted Phillips back he'd do it in a heart beat... no questions asked... he got hosed.

Ross? A daimond in the ruff....

Hatteberg just plays baseball...

This team isn't nearly as bad as you think it is....

Whatever your smoking.. please... put it down... and leave it alone.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203
    Arroyo a 5th starter/middle reliver in the AL?

psshhh... I can see why you have the rep standing you do.

The man is only supporting a 3.47 ERA, and 127k's ... That isn't no 5th starter/middle reliver type of stats.

I bet you any amount of cash you want if you asked the Indians GM if he wanted Phillips back he'd do it in a heart beat... no questions asked... he got hosed.

Ross? A daimond in the ruff....

Hatteberg just plays baseball...

This team isn't nearly as bad as you think it is....

Whatever your smoking.. please... put it down... and leave it alone.

Dude. I was a red sox fan waaaay before I was a reds fan and im actually more of a sox fan than I am a reds fan and i have followed the red sox waaaay move in depth than you have and trust me, everybody in boston knew he was a #5 and was actually going to stay in the bullpen this year til the deal was made.

to argue my analysis of arroyo is to argue everyone in baseball who follows the red sox. no AL team wanted him.

Then please... Leave us be... Go back to ur "Red Sox Nation" and leave us be....

To have the right to complain about something and whine and cry about something you need to be a REDS FAN.

Not a mix. Give it a break.

Jockstocks Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203
    Then please... Leave us be... Go back to ur "Red Sox Nation" and leave us be....

To have the right to complain about something and whine and cry about something you need to be a REDS FAN.

Not a mix. Give it a break.
    i love the reds too. i was born and raised in Ohio..i was simply validating the point i made about arroyo. Your futile attempt to argue was amusing though. nice try. im an arroyo fan as well, but i'm one of the few realists on this board.

and i think being honest while being a reds fan is the best way to support your team.

i

Turn Off Ads?