Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Merged: Majewsky back to Nationals ?

Re: Merged: Majewsky back to Nationals ?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    If I spent my boss's money like Krivsky spent his, I'd be fired.
    Fortunately, your boss doesn't give you that priveledge.

2. Turn Off Ads?

But BC is smart enough to know that you don't pull the plug on an investement or person because you don't see the results you want right away. He's business savy enough to know that if you build a new production facility and there are some bugs to be worked out that you don't knock it down and build a new one. That's amazingly rash, and would be a colossal waste of resources.

And this assumes that BC isn't happy with the results he is seeing. We can only speculate at this point.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

I know next to nothing about BC's business acumen. I know he made a crap load of money off of some backdoor deals with Lindner, but other than that I haven't seen too much about his career in the produce business, or what his role with the Cardinals was.

I'm not trying to be negative, just asking for some background on Castellini if anyone might have it here.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    So, in the end, Bowden didn't lie and Wayne wasn't grossly negligient with regards to inquirying about injury issues. So, we'll have to find something else to generate drama.
    Majewski says that he was being treated for tendinitis and was on anti-inflammatories for most of the season. He also had a cortisone shot right before the All-Star break (at the time the two teams were in trade discussions). It doesn't sound like any of this information was given to the Reds so whether it was lying or withholding information, it's still the same.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    But BC is smart enough to know that you don't pull the plug on an investement or person because you don't see the results you want right away. He's business savy enough to know that if you build a new production facility and there are some bugs to be worked out that you don't knock it down and build a new one. That's amazingly rash, and would be a colossal waste of resources.

And this assumes that BC isn't happy with the results he is seeing. We can only speculate at this point.
    But if the engine driving this big new investment is busted, a smart businessman will sure as hell get the engine fixed.

Yeah, you can put off the streamlining of your investment for a while, but not the thing that makes everything else move, work, and operate.

...but not the thing that makes everything else move, work, and operate.
    I thought that was 1/2 price tickets and $1 hot dogs?

I have not read anything that said Krivsky was blaming Bowden for anything. I've read the media blaming Bowden. I've read Krivsky saying that he did not know that Maj was taking cort shots right before the ASB and was surprised to hear about it. I've read that Krivsky then would not discuss any of the discussions between the Reds and the Nationals (which is the right thing to do at that point, not play out everything in public).
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

But if the engine driving this big new investment is busted, a smart businessman will sure as hell get the engine fixed.

Yeah, you can put off the streamlining of your investment for a while, but not the thing that makes everything else move, work, and operate.
    But you are working from the asumption that the "engine" is busted. I don't agree with your premise that Kriv is "busted", a bad GM, or however else you want to describe it. So I can't work from that premise because it is flawed, IMO.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 08-08-2006 at 01:58 PM.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

When in fact, your job isnt to spend your boss' money so that comparison is moot.

Krivsky's job is high risk. Mistakes can be as big as the possible gains. To maintain a revolving door for any mistakes yet not account for the positives he has done is a faux paus and only makes you a small yet annoying minority regarding the overall job Krivsky has done.

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    When in fact, your job isnt to spend your boss' money so that comparison is moot.

Krivsky's job is high risk. Mistakes can be as big as the possible gains. To maintain a revolving door for any mistakes yet not account for the positives he has done is a faux paus and only makes you a small yet annoying minority regarding the overall job Krivsky has done.
    I dare say also, that it's very unlikely that much of that money gets spent (ie. major trades) without Bob's direct approval.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...PT04/308080037

Kremchek sounds off
    BY JOHN FAY | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER
    The bad feelings continued Tuesday among Reds officials over Monday’s disclosure that relief pitcher Gary Majewski, who has been sent to the disabled list, took a cortisone shot for tendonitis in his shoulder just days before being traded to Cincinnati from the Washington Nationals.

Reds officials are angry that they were not told of the cortisone shot, and the club may file a grievance over the trade.

The Reds’ medical director, Dr. Tim Kremchek, said on Tuesday that the team would have taken a closer look at Majewski’s health before completing the July 13 eight-player deal that sent Austin Kearns and Felipe Lopez to the Nationals.

The 26-year-old Majewski has struggled for the Reds. His ERA with the Reds is 12.54. He gave up 21 hits in 9 1/3 innings.

Kremchek said Majewski was told to keep quiet before the trade.

"The troubling thing about this as much as anything … was (Majewski) was told to keep it under the radar," Kremchek said.

"We asked him if he was OK, he said, 'Yeah, I'm all right.'"

Kremchek added that an MRI would not have revealed the tendonitis in Majewski’s shoulder, and that the deal likely would have gone through.

"His shoulder looks clean," Kremchek said. "It would have been (Reds general manager Wayne Krivsky's) call, but I imagine we would have made the trade."

Kremchek said he has never given a player from another club a physical before a trade is completed.

"The way it works is the GM talks to the GM," Kremchek said. "If there's any issues, medical talks to medical."

In Majewski's case, Reds trainer Mark Mann talked to the Nationals trainer.

"(The Nationals) didn't allude to anything," Kremchek said.

Kremchek, who is a consultant for the Nationals, said his relationship with that team may end over this incident.

Jim Bowden, the Nationals general manager, did not return a phone call from the Enquirer on Tuesday.

In an e-mail sent to The Washington Post regarding Majewski’s placement on the disabled list, Bowden said, "In every trade we make, our medical and training staff are always thorough, complete and give full disclosure on information on any player involved in the transaction as requested by the other club involved in the transaction per major league rules."

Kremchek said he never met Majewski until after the trade.

He said Majewski's medical records did not arrive in Cincinnati until Aug. 1, the day after the trade deadline.

"And even then, they weren't complete," Kremchek said.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm
    Last edited by Redny; 08-08-2006 at 02:20 PM.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redny
    http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...PT04/308080037
    Kremchek added that an MRI would not have revealed the tendonitis in Majewski’s shoulder, and that the deal likely would have gone through.

"His shoulder looks clean," Kremchek said. "It would have been (Reds general manager Wayne Krivsky's) call, but I imagine we would have made the trade."
    I don't know what worries me more. The fact that we didn't do our homework or the fact that even if we did do our homework, we'd still give away Kearns and Lopez for damaged goods.

Unbelievable.

This just came out.....thanks for posting it.

Wow, this is sounding really ugly on Bowden's part. Majewski was actually told to keep quiet. I wonder if all of the posters who had knee-jerk reactions blaming Krivsky and wanting him fired will have a change of heart now?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg
    I don't know what worries me more. The fact that we didn't do our homework or the fact that even if we did do our homework, we'd still give away Kearns and Lopez for damaged goods.

Unbelievable.
    How much homework do you expect them to do? It sounds like they did everything that is common practice in mlb when it comes to trades.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    This just came out.....thanks for posting it.

Wow, this is sounding really ugly on Bowden's part. Majewski was actually told to keep quiet. I wonder if all of the posters who had knee-jerk reactions blaming Krivsky and wanting him fired will have a change of heart now?
    If he still wanted the trade knowing Majewski was hurt, my feelings haven't changed.

He's either guilty of not doing his homework, prior to a making pretty significant trade, or guilty of sheer stupidity.

Actually, maybe both.

Turn Off Ads?