Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Belisle pitching for Bats

Re: Belisle pitching for Bats

What keeps Belisle from becoming a starter? I think he would be a good addition to the rotation.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMachine06
    What keeps Belisle from becoming a starter? I think he would be a good addition to the rotation.
    i think the only thing holding him back is consistency with his breaking ball.
    "I hate SF."

-Mat Latos

i think the only thing holding him back is consistency with his breaking ball.
    and the complete lack of a changeup. If he ever gets command over his curveball though he's got a filthy relief repertoire.

Sunday 8/13/06
    Belisle started one of the games today for Louisville. He pitched 2 shutout innings. Gave up two hits (a single and a double), 1K, no walks. Threw 26 pitches, with 16 of 'em strikes.

Another nice outing. Getting stretched out a little more....

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson
    Sunday 8/13/06
    Belisle started one of the games today for Louisville. He pitched 2 shutout innings. Gave up two hits (a single and a double), 1K, no walks. Threw 26 pitches, with 16 of 'em strikes.

Another nice outing. Getting stretched out a little more....
    Does anyone think they may be trying to stretch him out to come up as a start at the end of the month? Could he get stretched out in that length of time? I certainly found it interesting that Shack was recalled instead of Belisle given the number of lefties already in the bullpen. Maybe they have other plans for Matt...

To me, Belisle could be exactly the type of shut-down setup man the Reds need.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    To me, Belisle could be exactly the type of shut-down setup man the Reds need.
    I would agree but counting on a guy with back issues is very high risk
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    I would agree but counting on a guy with back issues is very high risk
    Bouncing from the rotation to long relief can't be helping him. In a regular set-up role, I think his back problems would clear up.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Belisle pitched another inning for the Bats tonight.

1 IP, 0 Hits, 0 Runs, 0 BB, 1 K

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Bouncing from the rotation to long relief can't be helping him. In a regular set-up role, I think his back problems would clear up.
    the good thing about the internet is that it shows that people can have a strong opinion about anything

Turn Off Ads?