Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Observations from the ballpark: 8/7 Edition

Can he be stopped?

Observations from the ballpark: 8/7 Edition

So here's what I saw tonight:

EZ got banged around. He usually has one bad inning, but tonight, he was just bad. No problem, however with Narron's decision to keep him in for the 2nd, he had only thrown 18 or so pitches.

Phillips error.... ouch. He had so much time to throw after fielding the ball, but he threw it straight to the ground. Ugly.

Weaver seemed to be getting lefties to jump on his balls early very consistently. Every single foul I saw from a lefty was to right field side. Since our lineup is dependant on our lefties hitting well (Jr. Dunn, Hatte) Weaver's ability to get them to jump too soon on his pitches was huge.

Were the 12 dollar tickets 1/2 price? Because there were a whole lot of those seats still empty.

Cards fans suck.... and there were far too many of them in the stadium, especially after the 5th. I stayed through the whole thing, and by the 7th it was painful.

Fatty Hancock... still pitching well... *sigh*

Franklin looked very good in his 4 and 1/3 IP. 60ish pitches, and he didn't look too gassed after it all, but I'm going to attribute the HR he let up to being tired. The double that let 2 runners score was a VERY close call. The 3rd base ump sucked bad. Later, in the 7th or 8th he called a ball fair, got booed, and then revised it and made it foul. Dumb. The strikeout of Pujols was my favorite moment of the night... I jumped out of my seat and was cheering.

EE had that double play, don't tell me any different. Good night for him, even if his offense was nothing to write home about.

Merc looked okay, but he was having problems throwing strikes, as was Coffey. Weathers looked like poop.

Finally, Freel was a monster. His song for his opening AB escapes me, but the lines were "i'm feeling better" or something like that. Hilarious. His OF assist was a great throw. (He now has 8 OF assists, tied for 4th in the NL, depite not playing everyday in the OF). He also made a great diving grab, and another nice play to hold a runner at 3rd when Coffey was up. He also worked a good walk, and turned in a very solid performance. He's my player of the game.

...oh, and Scott Spezio's goatee scares me.
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Reds reccord when I attend in 2007: 6-1

2. Turn Off Ads?
    DocEllis

Re: Observations from the ballpark: 8/7 Edition

Hancock doesn't seem that fat?

Can he be stopped?

He's not... but thats why he was cut, so I decided thats what I'll call him. He's one of those guys who plays his way into shpae, I'd guess.
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

DocEllis

They say they cut him to make an example...He seems like a pretty good pitcher though.

I like the goatee.

Can he be stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by DocEllis
    They say they cut him to make an example...He seems like a pretty good pitcher though.

I like the goatee.

I have no problem with red facial hair. I'm a red-head myself, and sport a beard. But Spezio's looks like it's dyed beet red. Ugh.
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Thanks for the nice first-hand report, Dunner. Count me in as a member of the "Ryan Freel Rocks !" fan club. Give a manager 25 Freebos, and you'd go 162-0.

Stat geek...and proud

EZ got banged around. He usually has one bad inning, but tonight, he was just bad. No problem, however with Narron's decision to keep him in for the 2nd, he had only thrown 18 or so pitches.
    Yeah, that was rapid fire. It got ugly quick. 10 pitches in and the place is booing like crazy. Never seen anything like it.

Weaver seemed to be getting lefties to jump on his balls early very consistently. Every single foul I saw from a lefty was to right field side. Since our lineup is dependant on our lefties hitting well (Jr. Dunn, Hatte) Weaver's ability to get them to jump too soon on his pitches was huge.
    I noticed that too. He threw a good game. I thought we'd tee off on him, even after we were down early we still had a shot, but I was wrong.

Were the 12 dollar tickets 1/2 price? Because there were a whole lot of those seats still empty.
    Yes they were, I sat there. Section 520. Some hillbilly guy was wearing flip flops and decided to air his feet out right next to me. Eww. I can still smell it. People, keep your shoes on in the ballpark PLEASE! That's freaking gross. If anybody was around that section, he was the dude wearing the nastily stained WEBN FU shirt.

EE had that double play, don't tell me any different. Good night for him, even if his offense was nothing to write home about.
    From my vantage point I didn't think he got it. But I was pretty far away.

Can he be stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg
    Yes they were, I sat there. Section 520. Some hillbilly guy was wearing flip flops and decided to air his feet out right next to me. Eww. I can still smell it. People, keep your shoes on in the ballpark PLEASE! That's freaking gross. If anybody was around that section, he was the dude wearing the nastily stained WEBN FU shirt..
    I was in 531, but I bought the tickets ahead of time. I heard if you did that, save your stubs and call the ticket office, and you should be able to get 1/2 price to any other game this season (from a friend who works in the ticket office)

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg
    From my vantage point I didn't think he got it. But I was pretty far away.
    I was just as far away, so who knows, but I guess we were on different ends of the stadium, so its your word vs. mine. The 3rd base ump sucked bad.
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Turn Off Ads?