Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you think happens to Griffey in 2009?

Re: What do you think happens to Griffey in 2009?

Quote Originally Posted by vic715
    Guys I'm certainly not the smartest guy on this forum but let me ask What Griffey are we talking about here. The Guy missed most of the first 6 weeks of the season comes back and hits several game winning HRs got a big walkoff hit against Milwaukee a couple weeks back. He' been in a slump but in the last week he's come out of it.The guys on a pace to drive in 100 runs and all anyone can worry about is his ops and obp and his shabby play in centerfield.Take his presence out of this lineup and see how this offense goes then. When Griffey was signed and brought in here everybody was estatic that we had him and locked up for 9 years. Now did you all expect him to be hitting 45-50 hrs and playing flawlessly for all those years ecpecially as he got older.Only Bonds got better as he got older and we all know why.I don't remember if his so called shabby play in centerfield has cost us a game this year or not but our infield defense has cost us a few along with a weak bullpen so to be constantly ragging Griffey and that contract we all were for the most part glad to give is getting old.I will say however that moving him next year to a corner outfield position might be a good idea.
    I gotta agree on every aspect you just mentioned, although it was a strain on my eyes to read.

I knew Griffey, for the first few seasons might hit 45-50 homers. But as time progressed, I knew he would ventually dwindle down quite a bit. He's everything FAR from spectacular right now....but he's definitely not bad, nor does he need DFA'd which I believe was mentioned earlier in this thread. He's still a VERY GOOD player that put up some good numbers.

And the corner outfield would be a great position for him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Griffey vs lefties in 2006

avg .197
    obp .248
    slg .426
    ops .674

these #s are horrible

- Will

Deno vs lefties in 2006

avg .294
    obp .429
    slg .353
    ops .782

- Will M

Captain Buckeye

Re: What do you think happens to Griffey in 2009?

I think Griffey should tell all the haters to F off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I understand some of the bashing and disapointment,but much of the rest is just ignorance. Sad.

Re: Deno vs lefties in 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Will M
    avg .294
    obp .429
    slg .353
    ops .782

- Will M
    Deno has batted about 300 At-Bats less than Griffey too.

- Chainer

Re: Griffey vs lefties in 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Will M
    avg .197
    obp .248
    slg .426
    ops .674

these #s are horrible

- Will
    Vs. Lefties
    123 AB 26 RBIs

Vs. Righties
    216 AB 37 RBIs

It looks like he drives in runs no matter who is pitching to him.

Also, other things to note, Griffey is much better on the road and during day games. So maybe if we never play him vs. lefties, at home, and at night we would be using him most effectively.

Turn Off Ads?