Turn Off Ads?

Thread: You Can't Make This Stuff Up

You Can't Make This Stuff Up

Yet another Bengals player has been arrested. This time for drinking and Boating.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2542913

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: You Can't Make This Stuff Up

its to the point that I laugh now.

Wow. what a joke we've become huh? unbelievable

I would just like to add That its really not that big of a deal. Consider the rest of the NFL- read there recent news and you will soon realize that every NFL team has these types of problems.

The bengals have been in the Spotlight of the Offseason for one reason: Its the Offseason!!!

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseReds
    I would just like to add That its really not that big of a deal. Consider the rest of the NFL- read there recent news and you will soon realize that every NFL team has these types of problems.

The bengals have been in the Spotlight of the Offseason for one reason: Its the Offseason!!!

Thank you.
    No, they've been in the spotlight because they've had 5 players arrested in 3 months! That's ridiculous, even by NFL standards.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseReds

Thank you.

I agree something like Steinbach did is something people do all the time, its just he ends up getting caught. I think they are probably making a bigger deal out of some of these issues than they need to be. Carrying a gun around or sexual assualt is one thing, but being out on the river drinking a couple of beers is what people do everyday.
    THE University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by beb30
    I agree something like Steinbach did is something people do all the time, its just he ends up getting caught. I think they are probably making a bigger deal out of some of these issues than they need to be. Carrying a gun around or sexual assualt is one thing, but being out on the river drinking a couple of beers is what people do everyday.
    That doesn't make it any less dangerous or illegal.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Does anyone else remember when Ray Lewis killed a person?

Alright....NONE of what happened to the Bengals this off season is any worse than that.

Hell, even in college sports, teams have like a 3 strike arrest rule and you're out.

The stuff that's happened this offseason is REALLY REALLY minute compared to other things that have happened in the past in this league.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

It's gotten so you can't drink a beer anywhere anymore. What's next,banning smoking?
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

I'm a pretty liberal guy, and I don't think there's anything wrong with operating a vehicle after a beer or two, but Steinbach had more than a couple beers, so I don't think you can just brush the incident off as him being a little irresponsible.

Regardless, pretty much everyone's overreacting. It's not like he slipped to the second round because people were scared he would get caught drinking too much on a boat.

The good news for Bengals fans is that maybe the Bengals can find a way to use this as leverage to signing him to a long-term contract for less money.

I get what you're sayin' with the "it's something everybody does" statements. Here's my hangup. With all the trouble the team has been in lately, the rest of the the team should be model citizens. They should not even put themselves in a situation that could be misinterpreted. If I'm Marvin, I'm going ballistic right now. The LAST thing the team needs is another distraction.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

So.... does this mean that the D-Fence signs will officially be replaced with jail bars to make the players feel more comfortable? No? Well, so much for my money making scheme. I had the bars ready to go.

This isn't any worse than the Cincinnati Jailcats....I mean Bearcats.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainer
    This isn't any worse than the Cincinnati Jailcats....I mean Bearcats.
    I've always preferred the name "Felony Five" myself.

Turn Off Ads?