Turn Off Ads?

Thread: My Postgame thoughts from Section 137: Row MM: Seat 2

My Postgame thoughts from Section 137: Row MM: Seat 2

1. Why have Dunn hitting in the 2-hole with Freel leading off. Makes no sense because Freel can't even run if he gets on cause he won't steal if Dunn or Griffey are up. Putting Hatteberg there gives us more flexibility in terms of hitting and running, moving the runner over, etc.

Hatteberg > Dunn at the 2-hole

2. After the first 3 hitters hit absolute ROPES off of EZ, The first pitch to Rolen should have been right in his ribs, no IFS, ANDS, OR BUTS. Move them back off the plate for gosh sakes, they were just waiting to tee off on us.

3. No excuse for only 32,000 tonight, none at all; but I guess I'm the dumb one for driving 240 miles round trip for that terrible game.

4. The Cardinals showed why they've been in the playoffs for 7 straight years and the Reds have been battling for 5th place.

5. The Diamondbacks claimed Livan Hernandez so we couldn't get him, TMFS

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: My Postgame thoughts from Section 137: Row MM: Seat 2

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps
    1. Why have Dunn hitting in the 2-hole with Freel leading off. Makes no sense because Freel can't even run if he gets on cause he won't steal if Dunn or Griffey are up.

3. No excuse for only 32,000 tonight, none at all; but I guess I'm the dumb one for driving 240 miles round trip for that terrible game.

4. The Cardinals showed why they've been in the playoffs for 7 straight years and the Reds have been battling for 5th place.
    1 - Not true; he does it all the time... but has been getting thrown out lately. I've often wondered why you would attempt to steal when there's a power hitter at the plate. Never made much sense to me and it's cost the Reds a baserunner lately.

3 - Official attendance was 34,262.

4 - Yeah, right. That's why the Reds have won all but three games against them this year. The Reds having a rough night does not automatically make the Cardinals a better team... not this year anyway.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    1 - Not true; he does it all the time... but has been getting thrown out lately. I've often wondered why you would attempt to steal when there's a power hitter at the plate. Never made much sense to me and it's cost the Reds a baserunner lately.

3 - Official attendance was 34,262.

4 - Yeah, right. That's why the Reds have won all but three games against them this year. The Reds having a rough night does not automatically make the Cardinals a better team... not this year anyway.
    4. And Jonathan Paplebon was amazing in May and June, Now it's August; and the Cardinals are showing the way again, while the Reds are reeling, at least they made it a month past the All-Star break this time before they started folding. If they win tonight, I will come back and eat crow, obviously. But last night just showed me experience vs inexperience.

Freel and Hatteberg tonight:

3 hits each hitting 1-2

Thank you very much.

Turn Off Ads?