Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Francisco Liriano's apparent trip to the disabled list is a prime example...

Francisco Liriano's apparent trip to the disabled list is a prime example...

Francisco Liriano's apparent trip to the disabled list is a prime example of why the Reds need to keep Homer Bailey and his right arm in the minor leagues the rest of this season, and the most of next. Liriano has been HUGE for the Twins, but his arm's tired, and who knows how much he has left for the rest of the season. Sad to see.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Liriano

His arm's not "tired." It's hurt.

He's pitched 115 innings thus far.

In 2004 he pitched 158.2

2005 181.1

Developmentally, he was on track to pitch 200+ innings this year, so it's not a fatigue issue, it's an injury issue.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Well, it's not the first time the guy's had injury problems with his elbow. If I'm not mistake, he had Tommy John surgery before being traded to the Twins. There are so many great young pitcher's this year, but 200 innings in the minors and 200 innings in the majors in a pennant race are two different things.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Its not an elbow injury. His forearm is sore. Its a muscle issue, not a ligament issue.

I thought I saw on espn's bottom line that it was his elbow. Sorry if I'm wrong. Hopefully for their sake and his it's not his elbow.

deleted
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Its not an elbow injury. His forearm is sore. Its a muscle issue, not a ligament issue.
    Usually when the forearm starts hurting it is an indication that the elbow is in trouble.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    Usually when the forearm starts hurting it is an indication that the elbow is in trouble.
    Just about to say the same thing...Hampton had forearm issues for months last year, which ended up with TJ surgery.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Re: Francisco Liriano's apparent trip to the disabled list is a prime example...

"It's a muscular problem -- as the game was going on, he started to feel it," Gardenhire said. "We had him checked out before, and everything was fine, but we'll have him checked out again. It's muscles, not his elbow."

After facing the Tigers on July 28, Liriano (12-3) missed his next start because of inflammation in the forearm. The rest did not seem to help, as he gave up four runs and a season-high 10 hits in just four innings. He struck out five.

"It started bothering me in the second inning," said Liriano, who was taken out after four innings. "It really bothered me. I couldn't throw fastball, changeup, slider or anything."

When asked if he was worried about his status, Liriano answered yes, "because it's getting worse."
    Took this piece from ESPN. This is what scares me about Guardado's injury.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy
    Well, it's not the first time the guy's had injury problems with his elbow. If I'm not mistake, he had Tommy John surgery before being traded to the Twins. There are so many great young pitcher's this year, but 200 innings in the minors and 200 innings in the majors in a pennant race are two different things.
    I think he had shoulder problems. The lower arm is new.

Re: Francisco Liriano's apparent trip to the disabled list is a prime example...

Richard Hand 2000 - "every injury is an arm injury"
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Turn Off Ads?