Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bengals institute "jerk" hotline

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Re: Bengals institute "jerk" hotline

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf
    In other words, this is the number to call to report Steelers fans to security.
    hey sell your stadium out and you won't have to worry about perksy steeler fans and their trophies

Last edited by deltachi8; 08-08-2006 at 11:15 PM.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    hey sell your stadium out and yount have to worry about perksy steeler fans and their trophies

Done... whats the next step to gettin rid of em?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf
    In other words, this is the number to call to report Steelers fans to security.
    If only that were true.
    My dad got knocked down last year by a guy who started a fight two rows in front of us. Both rows involved were decked out in Bengals jerseys. A couple of them piled on another guy and the whole bunch fell on my dad, who was standing because he didn't want to get crunched if someone came flying back at him. He's a pretty big guy and he just hit the ground like a sack of potatoes. I thought he was out cold, but he ended up being okay, with a knot on his cheekbone.

He's had season tickets since the Bengals played at Nippert and told me that my brothers and I can split the tickets. He said he's done- he's tired of the drunkenness and fighting. And this from a guy who isn't easily offended.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Good thing they didn't have this a few years back.
    Klingler would have been called out after two games.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck
    If only that were true.
    My dad got knocked down last year by a guy who started a fight two rows in front of us. Both rows involved were decked out in Bengals jerseys. A couple of them piled on another guy and the whole bunch fell on my dad, who was standing because he didn't want to get crunched if someone came flying back at him. He's a pretty big guy and he just hit the ground like a sack of potatoes. I thought he was out cold, but he ended up being okay, with a knot on his cheekbone.

He's had season tickets since the Bengals played at Nippert and told me that my brothers and I can split the tickets. He said he's done- he's tired of the drunkenness and fighting. And this from a guy who isn't easily offended.
    Unacceptable. I'm glad the team is being proactive about it. Not sure how effective it will be but it's at least an attempt to do something.

We sit up top in the canopy level and there really isn't that much bad behavior that we've witnessed. There is some, no doubt, but it's mainly Bengals' fans getting into it with the enemy fans. I've never seen any Bengal-on-Bengal violence.

If only that were true.

That's ridiculous.

If they were serious about curbing obnoxious/dangerous behavior, like you mentioned, they'd stop selling beer after the second quarter and would deny entry to any visibly intoxicated fans.

There was a fight a few years ago between some Braves and reds fans at a game I went to--opening day, actually. Security was pretty quick to respond. the Braves fan was clearly the aggressor, but some Reds fans more than stepped up to the plate to match him. I'm pretty sure my friends Bud and Miller had something to do with it...
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

If only that were true.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Just to be clear, and it's probably irrelevant, I didn't mean to imply that Steelers fans are unrulier than Bengals fans. I just meant that Bengals fans will probably abuse the hotline to report fans of the other teams that come into the stadium, whether they're misbehaving or not.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

"We told him beforehand, 'You might see some drunk people, you might hear some F-words and swearing.' But at the game, I thought, 'Oh, my gosh, I'm going to mar my son for the rest of his life by having him come to this game.' It was so bad."
    The power we give to 4-letter words will always amuse me.

It's funny how adults try to shield their kids from bad language, yet they heard plenty of bad words while growing up and the effect on them was, well...nothing. In fact, most adults curse pretty regularly themselves.

Ever heard someone who ended up in prison saying, "Man, if only I hadn't been exposed to all those curse words..."

I realize we don't want little kids incorporating the F-bomb into their daily language, but things like language, nudity...these things get so much attention and cause such little damage to anything.

They should install a jerk hotline so that I can call and report a vendor charging $7.00 for a beer. That is more morally corrupt than anything a 7 year old could say or hear. Explaining why gas and parking are so expensive is a much more difficult discussion than explaining the behavior of an idiot.

I do like the idea, though, of having a hotline where dangerous people can be reported. Let's just hope people use this thing for the right reasons.

Someone yelling, "F*** Troy Polamalu" is different than someone getting violent or who just ruins the fan experience, by being drunk or outlandishly rude to other guests, etc.

In fact, I'd argue that the former should get a gold medal for calling it like he sees it. They should set up a hotline for that guy. "Yeah, someone just cursed at Troy Polamalu, and I'd like to buy that guy one of those $12.00 beers you are selling. Just send it over to him courtesy of me."

I know I am going off topic, but man, I'm starting to remember just how much I hate the Steelers. We should start a thread for everyone to list the best reasons to hate that team (although there really isn't a bad reason to hate them, they are all good).

The Bengals are my second favorite team in professional sports behind the team that is playing the Steelers. I don't care if the Bengals go 0-16 as long as the Steelers don't go anywhere.

Roethliberger's motorcycle accident was bad for three reasons: one, he isn't going to miss any playing time, two Bill Cowher wasn't on the back of that thing with Polamalu riding in a side cart like the old Batcycle used to have, and lastly, any time Ben completes a pass to that big headed Hines Ward we are going to have to hear how he is a demi-god for coming back from a "near-death" experience in which he was released from the hospital just a few days later.

If Big Ben hands the ball off correctly, we are going to be forced to watch one of those long ESPN segments that Suzy Kolber does about the dangers of riding without a helmet, when most of the viewing audience would rather see a feature story on how Ward fits that gigantic melon of his into a standard football helmet. I want to see interviews with engineers debating whether or not they should add that missing Steelers decal on the other side of the helmet just to try and hold it together because with Ward's head inside, that thing could blow at anytime.

That team could cure cancer and I'd still hate them.

Polamalu could cut off all his hair and donate it to locks of love and I'd rag on him for having no hair, even though I don't myself.

I'll lower myself to the depths of hypocrisy for that team.

Unless Polamalu ever plays for the Bengals, he is always going to be awful.

There is no better time of year anywhere on the planet, and it is almost here.

I need to go burn me some terrible towels.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 08-09-2006 at 12:26 PM.

Haha, GREAT stuff Dom

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Dom, it was nice read. Nice to see passion once in a while, misdirected as it may be.

Yep, kids hear bad words all the time, I did when I was growing up. I went to games with my dad and heard some, but the public drunken bafoons and the alarming amount of violence is what worries me.

I took my son to a game last year ONLY because our ceo gave me her suite tickets. We had a good time, but I would not take him into the seats I can afford.

I just hope the same doesn't happen in baseball and hockey, where I still feel at ease taking my son for a night out.

Now, back to your steeler hating, dom, while I go put on my "Got RIngs" T-shirt. :-)
    Last edited by deltachi8; 08-09-2006 at 08:08 PM.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Dom, it was nice read. Nice to see passion once in a while, misdirected as it may be.
    That post is like Dennis Rodman. It stinks unless you agree with it lol...

delatachi and Steel (I know you are out there):

Thanks for not taking it the wrong way. I hate that team in a good way. The Steelers haven't had to lose like we have over the past 15 plus years, so you might not be able to relate- even when the Steelers are bad, you know they are going to come back. We haven't been able to say that for awhile, and this year I am really not expecting a whole lot.

Hopefully the scheduling gods will have some better luck for us next year, but then that means the Steelers will have an easier go of it as well.

And before people start accusing me of wishing ill will towards Roethlisberger in regards to his accident: I am very happy he didn't sustain major injuries and is healthy.

Otherwise, I wouldn't have him to kick around.

Bengals fans, like me, always fear the worst beacuse of 1 man....Mike Brown.

None of his father's eye for talent, IMO.....all of his father's tightness and unable to think outside the box mentality. Paul Brown seemed stuck in the 60's....all through the 70's and 80's, yet the Bengals managed to win beacuse of his eye for talent.

I fear MB sticking his hand in things again......along with the fact he has never been able to channel ANY of the Steelers way of doing business despite the fact their FO might be even more stingy with the dollar than he was.

Turn Off Ads?