Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EZ tipping pitches

Re: EZ tipping pitches

Quote Originally Posted by BRM
    He seems to be catching alot of flak lately. That's all I'm saying.
    He seems to run around asking for it, thats all I'm saying.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed
    He seems to run around asking for it, thats all I'm saying.
    By stating his opinion? I don't see him asking for anything personally.

Actually, Chris Welsh mentioned something last night that sort of relates to this. He didn't say ER was tipping his pitches, but he did say something along the same line (paraphrasing here, because he said more than I can remember right now)... something like the Cardinals scouts must have been watching him extremely closely because the players seem to know exactly what pitch he's going to throw at just about any time.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I'm tired of these excuses--no one ever just "sucks." It's always, "he's hurt" or "he's tipping pitches."

Nonsense. He got whipped because he has pedestrian stuff.
    The story is coming from a Cardinals site.

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red
    The Reds really need a pitching coach. Not so sure Hume can handle both BP coach and pitching coach roles.

Wonder if Vern Ruhle will be back next year? I'm sure the Reds are sensitive to holding his position for him, until he gets better. Maybe they can assign an "interim" pitching coach?
    Tommy is listed as Interim Pitching Coach and Lee Tunnell is listed as Interim Bullpen Coach. I had a thread I started about next year's coaching staff and this seems to be priority No. 1. I'm not sure about whether Ruhle will be able to return.

Chris Welsh was noticing EZ throw his fastball as much as everyone else did who was watching the game. EZ was afraid to throw his curveball and off speed stuff because he was nervous. He didn't want to walk anyone so he threw his fastball most of the first inning. When EZ was warming up in the bullpen before the game someone said they noticed he was nervous. This opening game of a this series was huge, and they let a young kid go out there and try to conquer the world. I really think Narron should have moved someone into his slot to take the first game of this series. EZ could very well lost a lot of confidence he had going into this game and only time will tell if he still has any confidence left.

Welsh also said he hadn't seen a Reds pitcher get hit that hard since Jimmy Haynes, which is true.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed
    Oh yeah, nobody ever lets him say anything.
    What's with the vendetta?
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

EZ was shaking off Valentin in the first-inning. What is up with that? Maybe he's gettin a bit cocky? Valentin was seen having a discussion with EZ in the dugout after the top of the first.

I really dont know what has happened to the days of a veteran catcher taking control of the game and/or going to the mound to chew somebody's ass. The situation needs a better handling then and there, not in the dugout after a bunch of runs have scored.

He was probably not getting cocky at all. EZ was not comfortable throwing his off speed stuff to these Cardinals hitters. Possibly from inexperience and being nervous but either way he wanted to throw his fastball.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

I like Tom Hume as the pitching coach. I think he is doing a solid job with a mediocre staff. I love Harang and Arroyo (they will have ups and downs but both are solid) but 3-5 we are really hurting. Hume has been good IMO. I hope he remains in the position for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsGoReds11
    Chris Welsh was noticing EZ throw his fastball as much as everyone else did who was watching the game. EZ was afraid to throw his curveball and off speed stuff because he was nervous. He didn't want to walk anyone so he threw his fastball most of the first inning. When EZ was warming up in the bullpen before the game someone said they noticed he was nervous. This opening game of a this series was huge, and they let a young kid go out there and try to conquer the world. I really think Narron should have moved someone into his slot to take the first game of this series. EZ could very well lost a lot of confidence he had going into this game and only time will tell if he still has any confidence left.
    By this you mean having him pitch on his scheduled night to pitch?
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

I don't know how to take it when rumors fly around that a pitcher "tips his pitches." That's what the Mets said about Danny Graves when they picked him up last year. We all know that story.
    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

Quote Originally Posted by fisch11
    I don't know how to take it when rumors fly around that a pitcher "tips his pitches." That's what the Mets said about Danny Graves when they picked him up last year. We all know that story.
    Yeah, he's still tipping them in the minor leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by fisch11
    I hear you, but this wasn't the Reds making excuses, this appears to come from the other team, right?

What's with the vendetta?
    If you really want to discuss this, PM me.

Turn Off Ads?