I will do PBP for the Lookouts game. If anyone else wants to update the other minor league games, you can check box scores at www.milb.com
1. Fastball high and away for ball 1. Swing and a miss, count even at 1-1.
Low and in the dirt for ball 2. Low ball 3, 3-1 count on the lead off hitter.
Ball 4, walks the lead off hitter.
2. The SS steps in. 92 MPH for strike 1. Grounder to Machado who gets to it but there is no play.
Infield single. Runners on first and second.
3. Called strike 1. Offspeed a little inside. Ball 1. Foul ball, 1-2 on the #3 hitter.
Called strike 3 on a ball that "sunk" over the edge of the plate.
4. Runners on first and second, 1 out. Low curve ball, 1-0. Johnny Almaraz is in town for the game.
Grounder to Machado who flips to Colina who steps on the bag for out at first and the throw to first pulls
Votto off the bag. FC, 2 outs. runners on the corners.
5. Low for ball 1. Wide, for ball 2. Passed ball on Perez and the runner scores from third, also ball 3.
Foul ball for strike 1. Low for ball 4. Two walks in the inning.
6. Breaking ball for strike 1 looking. foul ball for strike 2. Change up fouled off, 79 MPH.
Another foul, on a fastball. Line drive to Joey Votto to end the inning.
The run goes down as unearned on a passed ball.
Bottom of the 1st - Chattanooga trails 1-0
1. Chris Dickerson comes up and strikes out on 3 pitches.
2. Javier Colina grounds one up the middle and the SS cant get the throw to first on time. Single
3. Joey Votto bloops one into CF for a single. Colina to second.
4. Jeff Bannon steps up with 2 on and 1 out. Bannon strikes out though and leaves it up to...
5. Rick Asadoorian to drive in the runs. He also strikes out. Ouch
I had a weird dream about Homer Bailey a night ago. It was next June, he had just been called up from AA and his major league debut. The place was packed and I sat down to watch on the TV, Bailey threw a fastball, people roared, then he set up to throw again and I heard a "crack" and Bailey fell over grabbing his elbow on the mound. It was weird.
Than I remember being on Redszone with Redszoners saying stuff how Bailey's arm gets "a year off" wouldn't be bad type positive lines.
Don't ask me why............
My computer locked up, so I missed some of the inning, so I will try and piece together what happened here in the top of the 2nd.
2 outs and a 1-2 count. Ball 2 wide to event he count up in a 1-0 game. Ball 3 to bring it full. Fly ball to Asadoorian to end the inning. 1-2-3 inning with a strikeout.
Homer Bailey has allowed 1 h, 2 walks and 2 strikeouts. 1 unearned run in 2 ip.
Phone rang, missed the bottom half of the second. Nothing mjaor happened, still 1-0.
1. Flare foul ball that Joey Votto runs out and catches for out #1.
2. Swing and a miss at a 95 MPH fastball for strike 2. Announcer never said what happened for the first pitch. Now after ball 1 claims its 2-1. Foul ball, which I guess makes it 2-2. Up and in for a full count. Grounder to short, Machado to first for out #2.
3. Ball 1. Ball 2 outside. Strike 1. This announcer is horrible at actually calling a game. Misses inside for a 3-1 count. Swing and a foul straight back. Full count, 2 outs, no runners on. High for ball 4. Baileys 3rd walk of the game.
4. Ball 1 low. Ball 2 in the dirt. Low and away for ball 3. Not a good night for his control tonight. Fastball down the middle, taking all the way strike 1. Foul ball for a full count. Inside for another walk, his 4th of the game already.
5. Runners on first and second after back to back walks. Low ball 1. Pop up to Votto to end the inning.
Walks are rough, but no harm yet.
Homer Bailey, 3ip, 1h, 4bb, 2k, 1 unearned run.
Homer's showed some signs of fatigue over his last 2 starts.
Lookouts go 1-2-3 and are still losing 1-0 heading to the 4th inning.
Dayton is winning 3-1 in the 4th. Jay Bruce is 1-2 with a 2 run double.
Sarasota is winning 1-0.
1. Ball 1 inside. Inside again, ball 2. Misses high ball 3. FB for strike 1, 3-1 count. Low and outside, ball 4. 5th walk of the game.
2. Inside and low, ball 1. Announcer says something looks a little off. Ball 2 low. Miguel Perez out to the mound to talk to Homer. Ground ball to 2B, flip to SS to first for a double play. 2 outs.
3. Strike 1. Ground out to SS to end the inning.
Miguel Perez must have said something good.
Homer Bailey, 4ip, 1h, 5bb, 2k, 1 unearned run.
Louisville Bats are up 4-0 in the 4th inning. Earl Snyder and Dewayne Wise have HRs.
Joey Votto hit a double off the 16 foot tall sign in CF...he has hit quite a few off the wall recently.
Base hit by Asadoorian scores Votto to tie the game for the Lookouts.
Perez grounds into a Sean Casey special to end the inning for the Lookouts.
After 4, its 1-1.
Top of the 5th inning.
Homer Bailey back to the mound.
1. Ground ball to SS for out #1 on the first pitch.
2. Perez out to the mound for a quick chat before the second batter. Strike 1. Bunt attempt goes foul for strike 2. Ball 1 on a check swing. Foul ball straight back. Hits the corner on an offspeed pitch for strike 3 looking.
3. Ball 1 low. Foul ball to even the count at 1-1. Offspeed pitch for strike 2 looking. Pop up for the third out.
Nice comeback inning for Bailey.
5ip, 1h, 5bb, 3k, 1 unearned run.
Tie game, 1-1.