Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/8 Minor League Updates. Homer is pitching

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: 8/8 Minor League Updates. Homer is pitching

The Lookouts got a single, then struck out 3 in a row to end the inning.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Homer Bailey back out for the 6th inning to face the meat of the order, 3-4-5.
    1. High ball 1. Low breaking ball, ball 2. Called strike 1. Strike 2 for a full count. Swing and a miss. that is Homers 4th strikeout of the game.
    2. Foul ball for strike 1. Strike 2. Inside, ball 2. Ball, 2-2 count. Swing and a miss, 96 MPH. 5 Strikeouts, 3 of the last 4 batters.
    Homer Bailey is out of the game after reaching his pitch count.
    3. Carlos Alvarado takes the mound and I am going to eat dinner.

Bailey always seem to have the little extra at the end, gotta buckle down another 3-4 starts to go.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Homer's final line?

5.2i 1h 1r 0er 5w 5k

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis
    5.2i 1h 1r 0er 5w 5k
    thanks.

Lookouts just scored 2 runs and now lead 3-1.

Triva time:
    Whos the boss?
    tick tock tick tock tick tock. Times up.
    Jay Bruce is. He hit a 2 run HR and is 2-4 with 4 RBI. Dayton is tied at 6 in the 8th inning. Jay now has 15 HR on the season, oh and 41 doubles.

That Bruce guy ain't too bad

Jay Bruce will be a superstar in the majors. I predict he wins a MVP before his career is over. Hopefully Bruce, Dunn, Votto, and Encarnacion are leading the Reds offense for a long time and winning games for Harang, Homer, Cueto, and Travis Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Triva time:
    Whos the boss?
    tick tock tick tock tick tock. Times up.
    Jay Bruce is. He hit a 2 run HR and is 2-4 with 4 RBI. Dayton is tied at 6 in the 8th inning. Jay now has 15 HR on the season, oh and 41 doubles.
    Just wondering what do you think the timetable is for Bruce to be in the big leagues. Next season,2008 or later?
    BTW thanks for all your updates on the minors. It's great to be able to follow the development these guys.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds
    Just wondering what do you think the timetable is for Bruce to be in the big leagues. Next season,2008 or later?
    BTW thanks for all your updates on the minors. It's great to be able to follow the development these guys.
    If he is going to play CF then it will be after Griffey is out of town. So either 2000 or (if the Reds pick up his option) 2010. If he is going to play RF then it would probably be 2008 (thats my WAG).

Love Bruce - man that guy is an exciting young player. Votto too.

Homer won't go anywhere I'm guessing until he stops walking people. Those will kill him in the majors...obviously. Can't believe people want to bring him up now.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack
    Homer won't go anywhere I'm guessing until he stops walking people. Those will kill him in the majors...obviously. Can't believe people want to bring him up now.
    He has 37 BB in 118 IP this year, with a 3.4 K/BB ratio. That's not too shabby. And if he's walking batters because he's working/developing his secondary pitches, then I'm all for it.

Homer last night was just struggling with all of his pitches location until the 4th inning. Miguel Perez came out and said something to him, from there on out, he was lights out.

As for Jay Bruce, I think he sees AA next year, heck he has even said its his goal to make AA out of ST. I dont know if he can do that, or if they would even let him do that. I also dont think Jay will play CF in the majors unless he has to. He is young right now, and as he gets older, he will probably outgrow the position. When he comes up 2 years from now, he will be bigger and stronger, and probably a little bit slower due to it.

Turn Off Ads?