Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Catch

The Catch

I was at the game tonight, and just returned home, and let me just say that that was the most spectacular play I've EVER seen in person. That play changed the momentum of the game, the series, and maybe even more than that. Big game tomorrow with Harang vs. Carpenter. Hopefully Harang can keep the momentum going, and we can continue to march towards St. Louis.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: The Catch

I liked this quote from Milton. "That changed the game right there," Milton said. "The momentum turned around. It probably won the game for us. It was a gift out. It was like he gave me a Christmas present. It was a huge load off my shoulders, and then the crowd started getting into it."

By the way, since you were there... just how loud was it during that ovation?

Crazy loud, and it lasted probably 5 minutes, and continued every time his name was mentioned or he batted through out the game.
    We'll win it all next year...

Whose catch? I didn't see the game and I don't feel like flipping through the game thread right now. Who did it?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Freel had a ridiculous diving catch with Pujols up, 2 men on, up 4-1 middle of the game (4th?). It was a lined shot to the Right Field gap and he superman dove to grab it. Number one Web Gem on a day of great defense. Crowd gave him a standing O longer than I've ever seen for a single play.

Awesome! Thanks.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Who's saying "Who dey" right now? This is Reds country until the end of October, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye
    Whose catch? I didn't see the game and I don't feel like flipping through the game thread right now. Who did it?
    Video: http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/script...&urlstr=&murl=

Watching his highlight reel on mlb.com just gave me chills. What a night. Possibly one of his best all around games ever.

It was incredibly loud. I can't even explain it, you'd have to be there. That man, for one night, took the city of Cincinnati on his back. The crowd was tentative early on, almost to the point of being scared it seemed, but when Freel made that catch it was amazing. From that point on, it was chaos, and Cincinnati fans regained what they lost a while ago: their swagger

I can't even describe what it was like to see that catch in person.... Ryan Freel just amazes me!!! What a great game!!
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

While I was watching, my friend I was with was waiting in line for hotdogs...too bad.

Absolutely unbelieveable to see in person. What a night!

Wow I just watched "Ryan Freel's Great Night" highlight reel, and I watched the game live, but I didn't really appreciate all he did until I watched that. The guy was simply unreal tonight.

I hate to compare anything to the Yankees, but this catch seemed a lot like when Jeter dove into the stands a few years back to make that catch. Everything changes after that. One guy shows you how much he wants to win and the rest of the guys pile right on.

Turn Off Ads?