Turn Off Ads?

Thread: FYI, Marty mentioned RedsZone tonight, if you didn't hear

GOREDSGO32

FYI, Marty mentioned RedsZone tonight, if you didn't hear

Talking about the Elizardo Ramirez tipping pitches story - someone sent him and email citing Reds Zone as the source. Also mentioned Narron gave no recognition when asked about tipping pitches yesterday.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: FYI, Marty mentioned RedsZone tonight, if you didn't hear

NICE ! Has REDSZONE gotten any mention before from marty or anybody else ?

i sent marty the e-maill thats coool dang i wish i heard it... i copied what was said by a scout in the post.. hope he tells Lizard since Jerry has no clue..

Quote Originally Posted by cinredsfan2000
    NICE ! Has REDSZONE gotten any mention before from marty or anybody else ?
    Marty called pedro a name last year when reading emails, that could be the first
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Marty called pedro a name last year when reading emails, that could be the first
    What did pedro say or do to get called a name ? What did marty call him?

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Media types usually don't tread to much here, because they've gotten (rightfully so) eaten up in the past.

Lance McAlister used to be a regular poster, but made some stupid, backhanded remarks about chat board posters in general (and took some nasty shots at WOY) and everyone here at him alive over it. He's never been back.

I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few browse the site, so more know about it then you'd think.

Redszone mentioned on broadcast?

Marty mentioned Redszone during the game? This site has come a long way..

Sorry didn't see the other thread......

Re: Redszone mentioned on broadcast?

Someone emailed Marty about the St Louis scout figuring out the Lizard tipping his pitches and used Redszone as the source.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Re: Redszone mentioned on broadcast?

i emailed marty about passing on tibits to Lizard mentioned about him tipping his pitches..i didnt even know it was mentioned but it was said also in another thread.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445
    i sent marty the e-maill thats coool dang i wish i heard it... i copied what was said by a scout in the post.. hope he tells Lizard since Jerry has no clue..
    I heard it when he read the email and I was expecting Marty to start on a tirade. Something along the likes of "Well if its on the internet then it must be true" but he didnt demean it at all. If anything he agreed with it because he repeated again that he had asked Narron about it. I dont think Marty bought Narron's answer so the post on RedsZone was just more ammo to use in the discussion.

That being said, I dont really expect Narron or Hume or anyone else to come right out and admit that he was tipping pitches. The story is getting around to other ball clubs without their help and they dont gain anything by confirming it publicly.

I found out about Redzone from an email Marty read a few years back.
    Dan Scott, Director of Broadcasting
    Play-By-Play Voice
    Furman University Athletics
    Host of The Dan Scott Show, Facebook Live/Periscope
    Greenville/Clemson, SC

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445

You probably wouldn't have liked what Marty said about it..

I'll paraphrase.. When he read the name of the scout/source, Marty sarcastically said "Whoever that is". Then Marty went on about how he suspected something all along (as if it was his idea), and about how he initially asked Narron about it and Narron had no comment.

In other words, his usual grumpy self when reading email.

He also got hot when someone emailed him asking why he and Steve alternate innings. His defense was to split hairs and say that they don't do alternate innings, because he does two innings at a time , and that there's only 1 or 2 announcers that do the entire game and that the writer of the email has no clue what he's talking about..
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

For the record though Marty did bring up the idea to Narron before the game. He asked if EZ was tired/worn out, injured, tipping pitches. Narron said that he didn't like to make excuses for why this or that happened and just said EZ had a bad game and left it at that. I thought Narron was hidding something in his answer too.
    I'm glad that he was apparently tipping pitches and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    You probably wouldn't have liked what Marty said about it..

I'll paraphrase.. When he read the name of the scout/source, Marty sarcastically said "Whoever that is". Then Marty went on about how he suspected something all along (as if it was his idea), and about how he initially asked Narron about it and Narron had no comment.

In other words, his usual grumpy self when reading email.

He also got hot when someone emailed him asking why he and Steve alternate innings. His defense was to split hairs and say that they don't do alternate innings, because he does two innings at a time , and that there's only 1 or 2 announcers that do the entire game and that the writer of the email has no clue what he's talking about..
    Can you go a day without bashing the same person? Geez.

I'm really not trying to whine here, but can't we have a thread about Marty without the same rude comments in every paragraph?
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Can you go a day without bashing the same person? Geez.

I'm really not trying to whine here, but can't we have a thread about Marty without the same rude comments in every paragraph?
    Sorry, I was just relaying what Marty said, since the guy who wrote the email didn't hear it.

Marty did give a sarcastic "Whoever that guy is" though and then proceeded to act like it was his own idea, IMO.

Turn Off Ads?