Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sporstcenter's Top Plays

part of BBN

Re: Sporstcenter's Top Plays

Quote Originally Posted by Chainer
    ESPN put him at #2 because he is a Red. If he was not in a Reds uniform, you can bet your sweet buns he would be at #1 with that catch.

The ESPN cronies have something against Reds players. I don't know what it is, but they have never been very high on the Reds. And partially it's because they have ex-players doing the broadcasts.
    dunn's walkoff GS was #1 and he's a red.they even put marty's call with it.
    what i didnt like about the catch last nite was baseball tonite didnt do it justice.kruk said "oh man " but they basically gave it the same treatmant as rolens over the shoulder catch.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit
    George would have eaten the microphone in excitement.
    You wouldn't have heard from Chris for a while because he would have to get some paper towels to clean up after GG peed himself.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Freel's catch was eerily similar to the one Coco Crisp made earlier in the year for Boston. But Freel's catch was on the warning track, so his wins I think the Matthews play was better, though *ducks*

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4
    You wouldn't have heard from Chris for a while because he would have to get some paper towels to clean up after GG peed himself.
    Yeah, George was going nuts after the play, but Chris was in a close second. They both were eating that play up. Can't blame them, it was pretty awesome to say the least.

ESPN put him at #2 because he is a Red. If he was not in a Reds uniform, you can bet your sweet buns he would be at #1 with that catch.

The ESPN cronies have something against Reds players. I don't know what it is, but they have never been very high on the Reds. And partially it's because they have ex-players doing the broadcasts.
    Freel's catch was No. 1 on the 11 p.m. SportsCenter.

Quote Originally Posted by osuceltic
    that's because the other game wasn't finished!

A walk-off grand slam is pretty extraordinary. I can't believe we've seen two in just a little over a month, actually.

I'm sure this was a tough decision for the folks at ESPN, and it's kind of ridiculous to say they have an anti-Reds bias, particularly when Freel was dropped a spot in favor of a Mariner. If our biggest concern is whether Freel's spectacular catch is the #1 or #2 play on Sportscenter, I'd say we're in good shape.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by osuceltic
    Yes, I saw that.

and it's kind of ridiculous to say they have an anti-Reds bias
    How so? There have been many instances this year where they have not covered Reds games on recaps and just gave the final scores, but covered basically every other game in the MLB on that given night.

And how many great plays has Brandon Phillips made this year to be ranked in the lower half of the top 10 normally? Quite a bit.

How so? There have been many instances this year where they have not covered Reds games on recaps and just gave the final scores, but covered basically every other game in the MLB on that given night.
    Can you give me these instances?

And how many great plays has Brandon Phillips made this year to be ranked in the lower half of the top 10 normally? Quite a bit.
    Can you back this up? Do you have the ESPN guideline sheets which dictate what plays are "normally" allowed to be in the lower half of the top ten?

Freel's catch was #1 on baseball tonight.

They even went so far as to wonder if it would make the top three in the history of the Reds which we can find out Thursday evening at 7 PM when they air the top three web gems in the history of each franchise. Though that's what they said, it'll be pretty hard to track down any vintage footage from early franchise history.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 08-09-2006 at 12:50 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    Can you give me these instances?

Can you back this up? Do you have the ESPN guideline sheets which dictate what plays are "normally" allowed to be in the lower half of the top ten?
    Watch BBTN and SportsCenter.

Sorry. I don't have access to ESPN's archives, so what you're asking for is pretty impossible for me to prove.

Opinion vs. opinion. If you haven't experienced it, I am truly sorry, because it's happened on numerous occassions this year, and years past.

The question is: Why do we care???
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    The question is: Why do we care???
    Why is grass green? Why are there clouds in the sky?

Does a tree make a noise when it falls in the forest if no one is around?

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut
    I haven't seen the Freel clip yet, but I have not seen a better catch than the Matthews catch in my 30 years of watching baseball. If it is talked about in the same breath, wow.
    I saw Otis Nixon make a catch in center one time for the Braves that I still have trouble believing. It looked like he jumped 6 feet in the air and caught it right before it went over the wall. But Freel's was pretty damn good.

Watch BBTN and SportsCenter.

Sorry. I don't have access to ESPN's archives, so what you're asking for is pretty impossible for me to prove.

Opinion vs. opinion. If you haven't experienced it, I am truly sorry, because it's happened on numerous occassions this year, and years past.
    You stated it as fact, so it's better if it's backed up. If you're stating it as opinion, then that's fine, and you have no need to back it up, though it helps. But to state it as fact, then say that evidence is "impossible to prove" is a pretty weak argument.

I just never get over the irony of a fan on his team's message board calling out a TV network for bias In my opinion the Reds have gotten plenty of coverage as they've begun to win, which is how it is for most teams, and, dare I say, how it should be.

Turn Off Ads?