Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sporstcenter's Top Plays

Can he be stopped?

Re: Sporstcenter's Top Plays

as an aside, while searching for the freel throw, i went and wathced Griff's #500, and boy is Grande's call horrible: "Heeeeyyyy!" What a mook.

I wish i'd found this top plays archive sooner. I'm now reliving my favorite Reds game I ever went to, Wily Mo Bobblehead night. ---->hey, Todd Holandsworth was in that highlight. Hehehehe
    Last edited by Dunner44; 08-09-2006 at 10:39 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Freel's catch was the best catch I have ever seen...at least through my Reds tinted glasses! :-) He is an awesome player with his hustle. Hopefully, his all out effort rubs off on everyone else. BTW...does anyone have a link to the video footage of Freel diving headfirst into the right field line stands at Dodger Stadium a few years ago (I think)? I can't remember if he caught the ball or not on that one, but that play was one of the best efforts I have ever seen.

Can he be stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanparkersongs
    Freel's catch was the best catch I have ever seen...at least through my Reds tinted glasses! :-) He is an awesome player with his hustle. Hopefully, his all out effort rubs off on everyone else. BTW...does anyone have a link to the video footage of Freel diving headfirst into the right field line stands at Dodger Stadium a few years ago (I think)? I can't remember if he caught the ball or not on that one, but that play was one of the best efforts I have ever seen.
    It was May 15, 2004, but the top plays archive doesn't have it
    Last edited by Dunner44; 08-09-2006 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy
    I believe Edmonds is a FA at the end of the season.Imagine what George Grande would do if Edmonds was a Red.

Can you restraining order? I Know You Can.
    "it took me back in time thru dwindling joy
    to when i was such a guilt ridden catholic boy
    im evangelical agnostic now"
    Happy New Year Todd Snider

Yours A ChampCar Fanatic And In The Home Of Champange Velvet Beer,

Andy K.

Terre Haute Brewing CO.

Hygiene Beyond Reproach ThatPitchIsDunn's Avatar

Top play or no (I'm at work right now; I'll go yell at and lobby the late night SC producer), we actually led the 11pm Sportscenter tonight
    No one expects the butterfly

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath
    I saw Otis Nixon make a catch in center one time for the Braves that I still have trouble believing. It looked like he jumped 6 feet in the air and caught it right before it went over the wall. But Freel's was pretty damn good.
    An Otis Nixon play was one of the top three Braves plays in ESPN's 'every team's top plays' segment. It looked like the play you are describing. Was an incredible play! I'd love to see some old Eric Davis plays when they do the Reds' top plays. The Freel play should probably be up there too. Along with one he made at third base last year!

Sorry, I see that others beat me to the Freel play at third. Thought I'd made it all the way through the thread before posting, but evidently not!

Quote Originally Posted by dburke1337
    nevermind on the link I posted, it wasn't what I though, sorry.

One was Joe Morgan in the WS and the other, I'm blanking on the name, but it was a bobbling diving catch that ended up being barehanded.
    It was Glenn "Broken bat over shoulder" Braggs.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?