Turn Off Ads?

Thread: RA v. EE v. BP v. RC v. JC

RA v. EE v. BP v. RC v. JC

Since his injury, EE has been a fill-in player with RA getting most playing time.

Now, perhaps, EE is getting regular duty. So how does RA get in the lineup? BP rests sometimes and RA plays second.

Many of us would like, eventually, to see BP at shortstop and a new second baseman. RA could fill that role for the short term. EE would play regularly. But that scenario does require a position change by BP, which always has risks, and will not be done mid-season in all likelihood.

So, it looks like EE, RA and BP will now share playing time at two positions. RA will also get in the lineup at first base against lefties.

That leaves Clayton at short. I don't think he's done a bad job there, but many feel Castro is just as good and better defensively.

Bottom line: against righty pitchers, one of RA, EE and BP will be on the bench. I hope they (and we) can live with it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RA v. EE v. BP v. RC v. JC

I felt like I just a secret coded message.

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner
    I felt like I just a secret coded message.
    I'm using my decoder wheel as I speak.

The letters spell out - Drink Your Ovaltine.

A stupid Commerical.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

So, it looks like EE, RA and BP will now share playing time at two positions. RA will also get in the lineup at first base against lefties.

Unless I heard wrong, JN said BP was getting a night off... I heard nothing regarding a platoon situation at 2nd base.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Unless I heard wrong, JN said BP was getting a night off... I heard nothing regarding a platoon situation at 2nd base.
    BP also got the night off last Thursday in favor of RA. Obviously, giving him "nights off" is a way of getting both RA and EE into the lineup.

Notice both days were when Milton was on the mound. RA had zero plays yesterday in the field, I believe he had one or two the previous game at 2nd. I don't mind that. He also started at 2 times ago when milton pitched too.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    Notice both days were when Milton was on the mound. RA had zero plays yesterday in the field, I believe he had one or two the previous game at 2nd. I don't mind that. He also started at 2 times ago when milton pitched too.

Milton? Do you mean EM?

Quote Originally Posted by puca
    Milton? Do you mean EM?
    Boy, aren't we glad Milton's Mom didn't name him Bob Milton.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    *conspiracy hat on*

Perhaps now that EE has paid his young player dues it's time for Phillips (also being too young to be a vet) to sit on the bench for Rich

*conspiracy hat off*

Go Gators!

With the roster as is, and no true position changes, I want to see this infield:
    VS RHP
    1B Hatteberg
    2B Phillips
    SS Castro
    3B Encarnacion

VS LHP
    1B Aurilia
    2B Phillips
    SS Castro
    3B Encarnacion

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    I'm using my decoder wheel as I speak.

The letters spell out - Drink Your Ovaltine.

A stupid Commerical.

That was a very good laugh on an afternoon filled with Cranky McCrankerpantses over here.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Ithought it was some rad new defensive metrics that finally found the holy grail.

Dangit.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?