Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you, Mr. Castellini

Thank you, Mr. Castellini

Thank you for buying the team.

Thank you for caring about winning.

Thank you for understanding the sensibilities of the Cincinnati Reds fanbase.

Thank you for a team that is in contention in August.

I don't care if it's luck, karma, fate, design..... I don't care how it's happening.

I don't care.

I just want to thank you for the way you've conducted yourself since you took over the team.

You deserve that big grin you probably have on your face right now.

I know there's one on mine.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thank you, Mr. Castellini

Please, please, please. That post exceeded the "blown sunshine" limit by .38 points! ,)

His move to make sure the house was packed for the serries has to be paying off. While the fans on the 1st night got hosed, the fans for the last 2 nights saw some fantastic baseball. That's 80,000+ plus people. Take away 25,000 x 2 for the "regulars" than normally attend and you have roughly 30,000 people who might start spending their entertainment dollars on the Reds again.

That's key and critical. We can horse around about EE vs RA all day but this is a business. If they can increase the revenues, I have faith that BC will be taking further steps to improve the team.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Watch it, Man Love is illegal in North Carolina and Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA
    Watch it, Man Love is illegal in North Carolina and Ohio.

I'm telling you. I'm willing to donate FCB's first born to have his babies.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

It's just great knowing that the Owner cares about the outcome of the game enough to stay around afterwards, instead of being whisked away to his Bentley as soon as humanly possible.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

"A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

"Watch it, Man Love is illegal in North Carolina and Ohio."---RBA

I got this, '62. I'm in TENNESSEE.

---'Roser
    Last edited by RedRoser; 08-09-2006 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    Please, please, please. That post exceeded the "blown sunshine" limit by .38 points! ,)

His move to make sure the house was packed for the serries has to be paying off. While the fans on the 1st night got hosed, the fans for the last 2 nights saw some fantastic baseball. That's 80,000+ plus people. Take away 25,000 x 2 for the "regulars" than normally attend and you have roughly 30,000 people who might start spending their entertainment dollars on the Reds again.

That's key and critical. We can horse around about EE vs RA all day but this is a business. If they can increase the revenues, I have faith that BC will be taking further steps to improve the team.
    Yep, the last two night helped heal some deep wounds with the "average joe" fan base. Getting 42,000+ in the stands to see that performace is the best advertising this team could possibly get.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

indeed

Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Great post, 62.

Last night, they showed Castellini in the stands. One of the TV crew said it was his dream to play St. Louis in the GAB to a sellout crowd. It hadn't clicked with me before, but that's exactly why he did what he did. And it worked.... sellout last night, sellout tonight (with no cheap seats, just bobbleheads), and tomorrow is a sellout as well.

How many think the crowd really does pump up the team and prompt them to play harder?

Great win Cincinnati! I love each and every one of you (but Adam's still my fave).
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Was this some sort of Haiku or Poetry?
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    I don't care how it's happening.
    Two words: hot dogs.

Finally a topic we can all agree on.

Even though we don't agree with every transaction that's been made or every lineup that has been filled in, it's so nice to have an owner that attempted to hire a GM based on competence instead of a binder of cost cutting ideas.

It's nice to have an owner that cares about winning instead of raping the taxpayers while his investment double/triples.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer

For 6 long years they've been trying.....and it was all about the dogs!
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I've been on this bandwagon for the entire season and I will stay on it even if the Reds are watching the postseason from their living rooms. Look past the losses and any changes you disagree with and just appreciate the ownership group that the Reds have now. This club finally has a group of folks at the helm who are committed to creating a winning atmosphere and clever enough to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Hey, what's a Hot Dog at regualar price?

$5.50? I would probably buy just 1 at that price, if any.
    Assuming a bun and hot dog is 50 cents.

Profit for Reds $5.00

If it's $1.00, I would probably buy $10. Profit for Reds.......$5.00

And I'll need plenty of sodas to wash them down with. MORE $$$$$$$$.

Maybe the Reds should sell Pepto Bismo at the Concessions. MORE $$$$$$$$$

Turn Off Ads?