Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Paul Wilson

Paul Wilson

When the team was celebrating at home plate last night, I saw Paul Wilson in uniform jumping with the team. Is he a coach now?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Re: Paul Wilson

Most players on the DL will dress and sit with the team on the bench. I saw Standridge on the bench too. Usually rehab on the injury will take place in Cincy, so they are in town. You might not see them on the road since they may be rehabbing in Cincy.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

I can't imagine how difficult it must be for Wilson to put his uniform on game after game after game knowing he virtually has no chance of pitching in that uniform for the Reds this year. I give him huge props for hanging in there.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

for 3.8 million a year, I'll go to a baseball game everyday with a seat on the bench

Claussen was there too.

Paul Wilson has pretty much been in the dugout all season.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Good for Paul Wilson for being a team guy, even when he can't contribute on the mound.

Wilson probably can see the writing on the wall, and is soaking it all in, as best he can.

I would do exactly the same!

Edit: Sorry, thought I was in the game thread.

Pretty good work if you can get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by KalDanielsfan
    for 3.8 million a year, I'll go to a baseball game everyday with a seat on the bench
    I'm sure the extensive rehab is a piece of cake too.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Pretty good work if you can get it.
    That's right. Paul Wilson does not have a choice, he must attend these games, unless he has a rehab session. Its not an indication of his character, its an aspect of being a professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread
    That's right. Paul Wilson does not have a choice, he must attend these games, unless he has a rehab session. Its not an indication of his character, its an aspect of being a professional.
    Wilson is required to attend the games if he isn't on a rehab assignment? I'm not so sure that's the case, but I could be wrong. I've seen players on other teams that were out for the season because of an injury and you never saw them in the dugout.

I disagree, I think it's an indication of both character and professionalism on Wilson's part.

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    Wilson is required to attend the games if he isn't on a rehab assignment? I'm not so sure that's the case, but I could be wrong. I've seen players on other teams that were out for the season because of an injury and you never saw them in the dugout.

I disagree, I think it's an indication of both character and professionalism on Wilson's part.
    You never saw Griffey all those seasons were he missed months at the time.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

That's because he was doing rehab at the time.

Turn Off Ads?