Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Your reaction if you attended the game

Your reaction if you attended the game

I was at last nights game and can say honestly that I was extremely disappointed with Harang's start. To start off the game with a 4-0 deficit even before the Reds offense got a chance to bat was deflating to the crowd.
    :dunn: Dunn's HR was crucial, because we finally woke up a little bit. Then Hatte and :ede: EE hit theirs and it was on. I was a little peeved when the crowd was doing the wave while Bill Bray was trying to pitch. The Cardinals got the double as my section was doing the wave and no one seemed to care. Maybe it's just my own opinion on the wave (I never do it b/c I'm there to watch the game).
    My friend, Jon, was with me for Tuesday's game and was commenting about how it was not a playoff atmosphere. Well, after Ross hit his walk-off, it was all of it. For literally ten minutes after the game was over, the fans, even though we were leaving the stands, were still screaming and high fiving each other and making fun of the Cardinals fans. It was awesome to see our Reds fans get excited like that. I was proud to be a part of it. Let's have a third straight shutout!

"It was one of the most enjoyable games I've had, and that's because of the crowd. I don't think they realize how big they are to this team. I tipped my hat a couple of times, and it still wasn't enough. That's a good feeling." :freel:

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Your reaction if you attended the game

Quote Originally Posted by BoCcc2832
    I was at last nights game and can say honestly that I was extremely disappointed with Harang's start. To start off the game with a 4-0 deficit even before the Reds offense got a chance to bat was deflating to the crowd.
    I thought Harang gave one heck of a gutsy performance on a night when he didn't have his best stuff. As for the GS in the 1st, two of those runs fall squarely on the shoulders of a certain "defensive upgrade" at shortstop.

He had one bad inning, but pitched great afterwards. Seems to be happening a lot with the Reds lately. And just like mentioned on ESPN, Harang pitched one of the best innings I have ever seen in the 6th. Bases loaded after a few walks and a hit, and he strikes out Albert Pujols. Can't ask for ANYTHING better than that!

Reds pitching shut down Pujols last night. Harang gave up 6 runs on 2 homeruns. Wasn't his best start, but definitely wasn't his worst. He pitched himself out of some HUGE jams. Which is what a great pitcher is capable of doing.

And honestly, pitching out of that 6th inning jam is what really ignited this Reds team, last night.

In the first three at bats Royce Clayton turns two ground balls into baserunners and Harang gets off to a disappointing start?

Clayton needs some bench time. If that had been Felipe, we would have no end of the press writing/talking about him caving under pressure.
    Last edited by dfs; 08-10-2006 at 10:27 AM.

Both Wayne K and Jerry N talk about defense and doing the little things right. The team supposedly got better defensively with the trade with the Nats. I'm convinced RF they did. At SS as bad as Felo was at times, Clayton is horrible. Felo did make some simple "dumb" mistakes. On a nightly basis Clayton doesn't get to a ball that Felo does. Its been about 2 weeks overdue, but its about time to move Phillips to SS and move RA to 2B. To be honest, I think at this point EE is a better defensive alternative at SS than Clayton. But, if someone batting .250 with no power is going to play SS let it be Castro not Clayton.

Maybe it's just my own opinion on the wave
    I'm with you on this. I think the wave is idiotic and disrespectful to all of the people who actually want to watch a game.
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

They wheeled a 3x4 steel safe into the clubhouse Sunday morning to store the players' valuables. It took four guys to lift it off a dolly and onto a table.

Said pitcher Kent Mercker: "What's that, Junior Griffey's wallet?"

we were waiting in an interminable line to get into the ball yard, and by the time we finally cleared the gate, we looked up at the monitors, and the bases were loaded.
    Before we settled into our seats, the grand slam homer was already gone.

After this start, it was the best game I've attended in 2 years, since Adam Dunn hit a walk off in 2004 in june when we were still contending.

Turn Off Ads?