Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Narron Appreciation Thread

Jerry Narron Appreciation Thread

C'mon, we rip him all the time, and rightly so. But he deserves kudos for pushing all the right buttons the past several nights. When we lose there are a million "Narron stinks" threads, but I didn't see one thread praising him on Reds Live last night or this morning. It works both ways and the guy deserves some credit when we win. He went for it all last night and I loved it. He is playing for our division, not the wild card. Now if he would just bench Clayton...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jerry Narron Appreciation Thread

marshall sucks..so does narron.

I'll say this. He has seemed to pull the right triggers with the use of the bullpen in individual matchups lately. He didn't have that luxury earlier on in the year.
    I'm East of you. Be very very worried. Not quite OBX. But, be worried.

I don't really consider myself a Narron basher, but have been frustrated with some of his decisions.

Last night, I was very pleased with Narron. When Aurilla walked, Ben (my son) and I looked at each other and said, "Let's run Deno." Narron did. Then in the 9th, we were worried that he would let Clayton hit but he used Valentin. (Of course, that move didn't work out so well, but it was still the right move.) I said, "He may be finally starting to get it."

The attitude toward Narron was helped a lot by playing EdE against a right-hander and letting Aurilla sit and his use of the bullpen last night. Let's hope he keeps this up.

Michael

I did see a couple of props in other threads. I think this roster is solidifying in a way that gives Narron loads of options. It's not always going to be perfect, but things seem to be running on all cylinders right now.

I say this one has a very good shot to reach 3 whole pages.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

A great managed game by Jerry Narron,now lets hope there's more of these to follow.I shudder to think what Miley would have done last night.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan
    C'mon, we rip him all the time, and rightly so. But he deserves kudos for pushing all the right buttons the past several nights. When we lose there are a million "Narron stinks" threads, but I didn't see one thread praising him on Reds Live last night or this morning. It works both ways and the guy deserves some credit when we win. He went for it all last night and I loved it. He is playing for our division, not the wild card. Now if he would just bench Clayton...
    Good call...I was thinking of starting a thread like this as well...(but that would be kind of dumb now )

i'll be honest, I dont like him or his style. I hope we re-hire pinella during the offseason.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KalDanielsfan
    i'll be honest, I dont like him or his style. I hope we re-hire pinella during the offseason.
    Considering Jerry's contract has been re-upped for 2 more years, I don't think that's going to happen.

Like any manager he's good when his players play well and do their jobs. He made a big deal at the time of the Cormier deal about how Rheal is so good vs RH hitters, but then last night he pulls him in favor of Coffey to face a RH hitter. I think Narron's OK and things worked out beautifully last night. Here's to hoping that his players continue to make him look good.

Did Jerry hit a homerun or make i diving catch towards the wall this series?

1 game....he did made numerous great moves. I hope he didn't use em all last night....

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan
    Let me repeat something I've said numerous times on here....

This team is winning in spite of Jerry Narron.

Let that sink in.

Trust me, there will be some here who will find it impossible to compliment Jerry for one nice game. It doesn't mean they think he's now a coaching wonder, or that overall he's even a good coach. Frankly, I think he's good as a "transition" coach but prob not the guy to take us all the way. Their raw hatred of the man will not allow them to issue nice words.

But for some to even say something nice about one game......doubt it. The silence on this thread is defening.

So the next time someone says, "I'll complement Jerry on a good game, but........", we'll have to think back to this thread and wonder if they are really true to their word.

And I'm not talking about everybody who doesn't like Narron, just a small segment of them that are not objective and honest enough to say, "yea, he did a good job in the 3rd game vs St Louis".
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 08-11-2006 at 07:23 AM.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Turn Off Ads?