Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: espn announcers

espn announcers

Whay does he keep calling EE "Ern-can-ar-ci-on"?!

Last edited by Benny-Distefano; 08-10-2006 at 02:36 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Buckeye Bomber

Re: espn announcers

He also called Gold Star "Five Star", and started talking about "Six Way Chili" and "Even Seven Way!"

I'm amazed that he can say Cincinnati correctly.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Oh well... guess I should be happy we are in a position where ESPN would even come here.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benny-Distefano
    Oh well... guess I should be happy we are in a position where ESPN would even come here.

They've been here for the Bengals

He was doing it for both Edwin and Juan. And yes it was really irritating.
    I'm your Huckleberry." - Doc Holliday

Hell, let ESPN stick to Boston and New York. Thats the only thing they know anyways.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

I really like them when they don't do Reds games. Today I was getting so frustrated.

I've heard Arn-carn-narcion all year with the Cards games, why can't someone just tell him.

How many times do they need to mention the "band-box"? They only once said, "it also depends on the team that plays there." We have bad pitching and power hitting = HR's. Basically they said we have 1 legit HR all year and that was Ross' last night.

Constantly called Dunn "all or nothing", when in reality, lately he has been a lot of singles. There is a point where it becomes insulting, and I think they reached that level talking about the stadium and Dunn.

They also ripped on EdE's plate discipline, when I believe he sees the 2nd most pitches per/AB on the team.

Basically a lot of "stereo types" they used today, and nothing with a foundation.

Did anyone just hear Jeff Brantley talking on ESPN during that Coors Light cold hard facts thing?

"Will the Reds catch the Cardinals in the Central?"

Brantley - "No, chance" Then he said something like "The Reds have a lot of away games left and they are bad on the road, this is a home team and they struggle on the road so they dont have a chance of catching them"

Idiots.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick
    Did anyone just hear Jeff Brantley talking on ESPN during that Coors Light cold hard facts thing?

"Will the Reds catch the Cardinals in the Central?"

Brantley - "No, chance" Then he said something like "The Reds have a lot of away games left and they are bad on the road, this is a home team and they struggle on the road so they dont have a chance of catching them"

Idiots.
    Hahahaha. Why would he even say that without checking the record. That is the easiest thing to look up.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    Hahahaha. Why would he even say that without checking the record. That is the easiest thing to look up.
    I defense of Jeff, A LOT of what those guys say is scripted FOR THEM. The producers are all about what is popular. I have a lifelong friend that is a segment producer for ESPN who has given me the "skinny" on quite a bit. She would be a favorite on this board. Too bad she works about 70 hours per week.

In case he did not have that scripted well then... he's an idiot!
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    I defense of Jeff, A LOT of what those guys say is scripted FOR THEM. The producers are all about what is popular. I have a lifelong friend that is a segment producer for ESPN who has given me the "skinny" on quite a bit. She would be a favorite on this board. Too bad she works about 70 hours per week.

In case he did not have that scripted well then... he's an idiot!
    That's too bad that JB takes the lickings for the poor producing.

I did like how Steve Stone "called out" Steve Phillips for his comments about Krivsky and the trade. For those of you who didn't hear it, it went something like this:

Stone: "Wayne, how do you respond to the comments of ESPN's own Steve Phillips, who said that the trade with Washington was 'the worst in Major League Baseball in the last ten years'? Of course, Steve Phillips is a fine evaluator of talent, which is why he no longer has a job as a general manager."
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu
    I did like how Steve Stone "called out" Steve Phillips for his comments about Krivsky and the trade. For those of you who didn't hear it, it went something like this:

Stone: "Wayne, how do you respond to the comments of ESPN's own Steve Phillips, who said that the trade with Washington was 'the worst in Major League Baseball in the last ten years'? Of course, Steve Phillips is a fine evaluator of talent, which is why he no longer has a job as a general manager."
    Yeah, that was funny but I also felt that Stone had his tongue firmly placed in cheek.

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick

Idiots.
    I checked the schedule after reading that quote, and was shocked that the Reds have only two more homestands before the four-game set with the Cubs that will wrap up their home games for the year. This season is quickly winding down, folks.

As for the "bad on the road" comment, as some have implied already, they're .500 at home and three games over on the road.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

They also referred to Arroyo as our staff ace. Without even a mention of Harang who I would think anyone that watches the reds would consider our no.1. He is so much more polished than Arroyo and has been more consistent all the while going up against everyone elses ace for the most part.

Turn Off Ads?