Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: espn announcers

Re: espn announcers

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    Constantly called Dunn "all or nothing", when in reality, lately he has been a lot of singles. There is a point where it becomes insulting, and I think they reached that level talking about the stadium and Dunn.

They also ripped on EdE's plate discipline, when I believe he sees the 2nd most pitches per/AB on the team.
    Yeah, the EE comment was right after he'd swung at ONE bad pitch and it was something like "that's what you get with young players sometimes, bad plate discipline." Just resort to a generalization without regard for the fine offensive season he's having, not to mention that his strikeouts are down while his walks are up from last year.

And sometimes, the name sounded like un-car-NAY-see-own, in addition to the other butcher job he was doing. Brutal to listen to.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?

I agree. I hate the Encarnacion pronouncation those guys use.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

I keep hearing En-car-see-own ... it grates on me enough that I taught my toddler to say it correcty.

GL

Except for the delay, why would anyone listen to TV announcers with Marty in the booth?

Marty brings his own issues.....but that's a whole 'nother 47 threads.

Rem

Turn Off Ads?