Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wayne Krivsky to appear on "Mike and Mike" and ESPN Radio at 9:05 am

Wayne Krivsky to appear on "Mike and Mike" and ESPN Radio at 9:05 am

Wayne Krivsky to appear on "Mike and Mike In The Morning" on ESPN 2 and ESPN Radio at 9:05 am

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wayne Krivsky to appear on "Mike and Mike" and ESPN Radio at 9:05 am

Quote Originally Posted by BoCcc2832
    Wayne Krivsky to appear on "Mike and Mike In The Morning" on ESPN 2 and ESPN Radio at 9:05 am
    He certainly is being more visible/PR friendly than DanO. Too bad he has the charisma and personality of my coffee mug.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I was going to try to listen and post a summary, but I received a phone call right after the interview started. Stupid work!

I caught bits and pieces. Nothing newsworthy. However, I did catch them mention Bailey. Wayne mentioned that he is anxious to see him pitch, which I thought sounded different from what they have said in the past. Wayne said he believes that Bailey has made the biggest jump or most improvement of any other minor league pitcher this year.

It is just nice to hear them talkin' Reds in August. Let's just hope they are still talkin' Reds in October!

Quote Originally Posted by DJF33
    I caught bits and pieces. Nothing newsworthy. However, I did catch them mention Bailey. Wayne mentioned that he is anxious to see him pitch, which I thought sounded different from what they have said in the past.
    team needs a power righty in the bullpen.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    He certainly is being more visible/PR friendly than DanO. Too bad he has the charisma and personality of my coffee mug.
    Really? I heard WK on the XM baseball station with Dibble and Kennedy a couple of months ago and he was great- witty, sharp; a great guest, and fun to listen to.
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by DJF33
    I was going to try to listen and post a summary, but I received a phone call right after the interview started. Stupid work!

I caught bits and pieces. Nothing newsworthy. However, I did catch them mention Bailey. Wayne mentioned that he is anxious to see him pitch, which I thought sounded different from what they have said in the past. Wayne said he believes that Bailey has made the biggest jump or most improvement of any other minor league pitcher this year.

It is just nice to hear them talkin' Reds in August. Let's just hope they are still talkin' Reds in October!
    He was talking about Matt Garza, not Homer Bailey. Buster Olney derailed the interview and started asking him all of these questions about the Twins. The last 5 minutes of the int. had nothing to do with Cincy. :thumbdown

I apologize.
    I guess I will not try to talk on the phone and listen to the radio at the same time again.
    Boy, that makes me wonder what I might have have said on the phone!

Whoever was hosting Mike and Mike this morning are idiots. I assume it was Erik Kuselias as 1 of the guys, not sure about the other. They ticked me off last time Mike and Mike were gone. Since Stern is on Vacation I had to look for something else to listen to this morning, lol...

Last time all they did was Reds bashing. Same as today. They were talking about who could compete with the Mets as far as the NL playoffs go. The mentioned the Dodgers, Cards, and Houston. The disrespected the heck out of the Padres and didn't even mention the Reds. They thought the biggest threat was the Stros if they can get their pitching straightened out. Last time the junked talked the Reds and Padres, today it was just the Pads, didn't mention the Reds.
    Those guys are clowns. I'm not sold on the Reds either, but the Reds have played 115 games and they are leading the Wild Card right now. At some point respect is owed.

It was Erik Kuselias and Buster Olney.
    And yes, there was much love for the Astros between the two. Kept calling them the Twins of the NL. That no one wants to face them with their pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by 2001MUgrad
    Whoever was hosting Mike and Mike this morning are idiots. I assume it was Erik Kuselias as 1 of the guys, not sure about the other. They ticked me off last time Mike and Mike were gone. Since Stern is on Vacation I had to look for something else to listen to this morning, lol...

Last time all they did was Reds bashing. Same as today. They were talking about who could compete with the Mets as far as the NL playoffs go. The mentioned the Dodgers, Cards, and Houston. The disrespected the heck out of the Padres and didn't even mention the Reds. They thought the biggest threat was the Stros if they can get their pitching straightened out. Last time the junked talked the Reds and Padres, today it was just the Pads, didn't mention the Reds.
    Those guys are clowns. I'm not sold on the Reds either, but the Reds have played 115 games and they are leading the Wild Card right now. At some point respect is owed.
    They had Krivsky on so they probably thought it was repetitive to talk about the Reds after having a segment devoted to them for 15 mins.

personally i like erik kasillius (sp?).. and i love the reds but realistically, as a baseball fan, i think the only team that can beat the Mets this year are the Dodgers in the NL. The mets are just too talented for our pitching staff to handle and nobody wants to face pedro and glavine in the playoffs. I cant even begin to imagine what their number of starts, wins, era is in the post season career.

I think the reason why the Reds dont get much love lately is cuz most of their record was built up before the ASB. they are sub .500 in the past month+

and the only reason they are so close to the cards still is cuz ST louis has sucked as well

The Mets are clearly the best team in the NL, but anything can happen in a short series. Pedro and Glavine are both older, so who knows how their arms will respond in October. Pedro has been banged up already this year anyways. So, if Pedro were to get re-injured, the Mets rotation would pretty much consist of Tom Glavine and Steve Trachsel. They're the best team on paper, no doubt. But rarely does that mean anything in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by KalDanielsfan
    They had Krivsky on so they probably thought it was repetitive to talk about the Reds after having a segment devoted to them for 15 mins.

personally i like erik kasillius (sp?).. and i love the reds but realistically, as a baseball fan, i think the only team that can beat the Mets this year are the Dodgers in the NL. The mets are just too talented for our pitching staff to handle and nobody wants to face pedro and glavine in the playoffs. I cant even begin to imagine what their number of starts, wins, era is in the post season career.

I think the reason why the Reds dont get much love lately is cuz most of their record was built up before the ASB. they are sub .500 in the past month+

and the only reason they are so close to the cards still is cuz ST louis has sucked as well
    You must not regularly listen to ESPN's morning show. All they do is repeat the same 3 stories every hour. I don't think they really care about repetiveness.

Actually as far as the Pedro and Glavine comment I saw an article a few weeks ago and the best #1+2 Combo in the N.L was not Pedro and Glavine but Arroyo and Harang. Now with Arroyo stuggling lately this may have changed but I dont think their rotation is that much better than ours. Harang is extremely underrated, he is a serious cy young canidate yet no one notices.

Believer since 1981

Sorry, I would love to face pedro and glavine in the post season. For a couple of different reasons.
    First, tons of pressure on those guys to pull the Mets to the series. Not that they havent seen it before, but still pressure.
    Second, Age, I will take my chances facing some guys in their twilight in October with close to if not over 200+ innings this year.
    The Mets lineup is pretty tough, but I dont think scoring runs will be our problem for some reason. And I would rather see our Of defense in Shea than in Chavez Ravin.

Completely agree redssouth. The Mets are a good team, but they don't scare me. Whoever they play in the first round, they'll have so much pressure put on them by the New York media, that it will work in favor of whoever they're playing.

Turn Off Ads?