Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wayne Krivsky to appear on "Mike and Mike" and ESPN Radio at 9:05 am

Re: Wayne Krivsky to appear on "Mike and Mike" and ESPN Radio at 9:05 am

Quote Originally Posted by redssouth
    Exactly Matt, as a matter of fact... well, a matter of my opinion, the reds haved fared well against all pitching. Except for rookies, and crappy pitchers i expect them to break the scoreboard against, they have been serviceable against all comers, including Clemens, Pedro, Glavine, Smoltz... etc.etc.Screw it... Bring on the Mets, we owe them for 1995!!!!

you guys are right, we've been pretty good against some pitching. i just worry about the playoff experience aspect of the noted pitchers versus our bats when it comes down to it in october.

same goes for my fear of our rotation/bullpen versus those bats in LA or NY...

if we make it to the world series, the term "cinderella team" would be the biggest understatement in the history of sport.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Believer since 1981

If we made it to the playoffs, I wouldnt be suprised to see us advance, we would fare much better in a 7 game series than a 162 game crawl. Our #4 and 5 starters would be eliminated with the new made for TV playoff formats. Our bullpen would get stronger as we could put a few extra guys in it that probably deserve to be there anyway. I also like the playoff experience we have on this team. The right mix of vets, and young exciteable guys can be a dangerous combo. And you know what, I dont think Glavine or Pedro has really been that successful in the postseason, not sure on the numbers, but they are not without their blemishes.

Hygiene Beyond Reproach ThatPitchIsDunn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KalDanielsfan
    whoa i miss this post..they dont scare you at all????

Wright, Reyes, Beltran, Delgado, Floyd, Lo Duca...are u serious? that is one sick line up this year. Playing in New York all year is pressure with the media. Believe me, they are use to it by now.
    Who knows if Bronson's coming completely back to Earth now, but let's not forget if we'd face the Mets how dominant Arroyo was in the few starts he faced them this year. If the Mets would have to see him twice in a short series, anything could happen.

Plus, Al Leiter is in the booth now, so that jinx is far behind us.
    No one expects the butterfly

Last time all they did was Reds bashing. Same as today. They were talking about who could compete with the Mets as far as the NL playoffs go. The mentioned the Dodgers, Cards, and Houston. The disrespected the heck out of the Padres and didn't even mention the Reds. They thought the biggest threat was the Stros if they can get their pitching straightened out. Last time the junked talked the Reds and Padres, today it was just the Pads, didn't mention the Reds.
    Those guys are clowns. I'm not sold on the Reds either, but the Reds have played 115 games and they are leading the Wild Card right now. At some point respect is owed.
    I agree with you. However, can you blame them? We're not a major market team, we've been horrible for years now and it's all about proving yourself. All the othe mentioned teams have made the postseason in the last couple years.

I'm not saying that's the logic I would use and surely the Reds should have been mentioned, but this is the media! You can't excpect intelligence or anything even remotely mindful.

Turn Off Ads?