Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: No, I'm not being a homer but I really like....

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Studio City, California
    Posts
    329

    No, I'm not being a homer but I really like....

    The Dodgers..been watching them lately and I am deathly afraid of them overtaking the wild card (IF they dont hold on to the NL WEST lead).

    Colleti should get GM of the year..adding Maddux, Betemit, Lugo, Furcal, and Nomar all in the past 10 months should get him GM of the year.

    I really like their team outside of the Reds.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    throws 106. NBD.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: No, I'm not being a homer but I really like....

    I agree that the Dodgers have a hell of a team now. I think they should probably start to run away with the West now that they have finally gained the top spot after their horrid start to the second half.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    4,090

    Re: No, I'm not being a homer but I really like....

    I don't think we have to worry about them at all. They will win the West, and beat the other West teams while they do so, they might become our best friend.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    110

    Re: No, I'm not being a homer but I really like....

    Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    I don't think we have to worry about them at all. They will win the West, and beat the other West teams while they do so, they might become our best friend.
    That is very true. If we are to worry about any team right now, I think we should be worrying about the Padres and Arizona in the WEST. I believe the Dodgers will take over the top spot in that Division.

  6. #5
    Moderator Tommyjohn25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Fairborn, OH
    Posts
    1,848

    Re: No, I'm not being a homer but I really like....

    After watching them play the Reds, I'm not sure how they had such a bad losing stretch after the break. They look very tough indeed.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

  7. #6
    nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cincy West
    Posts
    5,073

    Re: No, I'm not being a homer but I really like....

    The Dodgers have so many good, young players, that seemd to have just come from nowhere. Andre Ethier- never heard of him until I saw him play a few months ago, and that kid has one sweet swing. I think he is the real deal.

    Ned Coletti has done an outstanding job with that team.

    I agree, Kal, the Dodgers are looking good, and probably will only get better.

  8. #7
    Firin Away Jr's Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,750

    Re: No, I'm not being a homer but I really like....

    I'm vacationing in LA at the end of the month, and lo and behold I see where the Reds got a series with the Dodgers.I'll be there for the last game since I won't be flying in till late the day before.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Studio City, California
    Posts
    329

    Re: No, I'm not being a homer but I really like....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy
    I'm vacationing in LA at the end of the month, and lo and behold I see where the Reds got a series with the Dodgers.I'll be there for the last game since I won't be flying in till late the day before.
    sweet bro, i'll be there at the games as well.

    first time seeing the Reds in an away stadium. you'll like Chavez.

  10. #9
    Member crazybob60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Posts
    968

    Re: No, I'm not being a homer but I really like....

    There always seems to be one team, usually out west that always catches fire late in season, here in the past few seasons its been teams like the Angels and/or the A's. This year it is the Dodgers, and yes they have amazed me. And just to think they did most of this catching up and winning without Nomar and Kent.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Studio City, California
    Posts
    329

    Re: No, I'm not being a homer but I really like....

    Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60
    There always seems to be one team, usually out west that always catches fire late in season, here in the past few seasons its been teams like the Angels and/or the A's. This year it is the Dodgers, and yes they have amazed me. And just to think they did most of this catching up and winning without Nomar and Kent.
    like i said before, the dodgers's Ned Colletti gets GM of the year by far.

    he has done some amazing moves for them the past year

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    8,066

    Re: No, I'm not being a homer but I really like....

    I like what the Dodgers have done. Good moves and some solid rookies have come along. I really like what I've seen of Russell Martin.

    Personally, I'm looking at going to San Diego to watch the Reds and Pads. A lot easier trip than the traffic you fact at Chavez Ravine (certainly from Newport Beach) and Petco/the Gas Lamp area nearby is a lot of fun.

    If any of you are in SD, try the bar 'Altitude' in the Marriott-Gas Lamp. Outside, on the roof and it looks down into Petco. Great spot to hang out.

    Rem

  13. #12
    Oy Vey! Red in Chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: No, I'm not being a homer but I really like....

    must be the old western division in me, but the words "like" and "dodgers" will never come from my mouth :

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    8,066

    Re: No, I'm not being a homer but I really like....

    Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago
    must be the old western division in me, but the words "like" and "dodgers" will never come from my mouth :
    Yeah, as a 'chid' of that era it's not easy but, let's face it, that era is gone. (sigh)

    So, since I like to watch baseball and the Dodgers are local I see a lot of them. Frankly, they've done a nice job this year. (shrug)

    Plus, Tommy Lasorda is no longer in the spotlight so it's easier not to hate them.

    Rem

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Studio City, California
    Posts
    329

    Re: No, I'm not being a homer but I really like....

    Quote Originally Posted by remdog
    I like what the Dodgers have done. Good moves and some solid rookies have come along. I really like what I've seen of Russell Martin.

    Personally, I'm looking at going to San Diego to watch the Reds and Pads. A lot easier trip than the traffic you fact at Chavez Ravine (certainly from Newport Beach) and Petco/the Gas Lamp area nearby is a lot of fun.

    If any of you are in SD, try the bar 'Altitude' in the Marriott-Gas Lamp. Outside, on the roof and it looks down into Petco. Great spot to hang out.

    Rem
    bro i love petco. my buddy lives in a condo right behind Petco and you could watch the games from his balcony. Its cool they have that dog park inthe back etc.

    great call. and the downtown area is really within walking distance from the park for aftergame fun

  16. #15
    Oy Vey! Red in Chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: No, I'm not being a homer but I really like....

    Quote Originally Posted by remdog
    Yeah, as a 'chid' of that era it's not easy but, let's face it, that era is gone. (sigh)

    So, since I like to watch baseball and the Dodgers are local I see a lot of them. Frankly, they've done a nice job this year. (shrug)

    Plus, Tommy Lasorda is no longer in the spotlight so it's easier not to hate them.

    Rem

    i can relate...here is chicago, i'm stuck with the cubs and sox...cubs are much more tolerable since slammin' sammy's departure a few years ago...as for the sox, i'd much rather go to the park than watch them on tv...their announcers are horrible...thank goodness for the mlb package on direct tv

    in addition to lasorda, throw in garvey on the 'hate' list


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25