Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer???

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dogs

49 56.32%
  • Cats

18 20.69%
  • Both

15 17.24%
  • I can't believe people let animals into their houses!

5 5.75%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Animal Lovers???

Re: Animal Lovers???

We've got two cats and a dog.

The cats go on walks with us and the dog all over the neighborhood.

I can't believe a vet would slit a dog's vocal cords just to please an owner. That sounds extremely inhumane to me.

Hey Chili, nice looking dog. I'm hoping it was at least 20 degrees below zero though, or you never would have dressed him up. Does he have any Reds stuff?

:
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan
    My daughter (age 4 1/2) always says her prayers at night and snuck this little gem in the other night :

".....please look after Mom and Dad and Grandma, and Great Grandpa and that horse that I'm looking forward to getting..."
    That's pretty cool.

They certainly aren't cheap either. It's a HUGE commitment when you decide to own a horse.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I love both but I probably prefer cats becaues of the maintenance. I haven't had a pet since I got married and I'm still trying to convince my wife to let me get one. She wants to sell this house and upgrade to something better and I said that the next house will come with an animal. We'll see how that works out.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Hey Chili, nice looking dog. I'm hoping it was at least 20 degrees below zero though, or you never would have dressed him up. Does he have any Reds stuff?

:
    Actually, his name is Manny. So around here, we naturally dress him in Sox garb. He has a lot of similarities to his namesake. Talented, but sometimes surly. Often on his own planet. He plays catch with himself when he thinks nobody is looking. And he would definitely urinate behind the green monster between innings, if given the chance.

And yes, we only put that sweater on him when it's cold. He hates wearing stuff.
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM
    $400 per month to board a horse? Does that price include feed/hay? I think full-care boarding here is a little under $200 per month. That is likely to go up this winter as hay out here is going to be very expensive. The droughts in Texas and Oklahoma have driven hay prices through the roof.

We own two horses and are boarding a friends horse right now. My daughter rides every day. She'd rather be riding her horse than doing anything else in the world.
    That does include the feed/hay for the price (usually). But, for "pasture" boarding a horse, the price isn't all that much cheaper.

A guy is driving around and he sees a sign in front of a house:

"Talking Dog For Sale"

He rings the bell, and the owner tells him the dog is in the backyard. The guy goes into the backyard and sees a Labrador Retriever sitting there.

"You talk?" he asks.

"Yep," the lab replies.

"So, what's your story?"

The lab looks up and says, "Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA about my gift, and in no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping. I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years running.”

"But the jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger, so I wanted to settle down. I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security work, mostly wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded a batch of medals. I got married, had a mess of puppies, and now I'm just retired."

The guy is amazed. He goes back in and asks the owner what he wants for the dog.

"Ten dollars."

The guy says, "This dog is amazing. Why on earth are you selling him so cheap?"

"Because he's a liar. He didn't do any of that stuff!"
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Reinds me of that old Warner Bros. cartoon where the guy goes into the talent agent and claims to have a talking dog. He proceeds to ask the dog questions...

What's over a house?
    Wroof!
    See, he said "roof"

Who the greatest baseball player to ever play the game?
    Wroof!
    See, he said "Ruth"

The agent immediately boots them both out of his office, and the dog looks over at the guy and responds "Maybe I should have said DiMaggio?"
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    A guy is driving around and he sees a sign in front of a house:

"Talking Dog For Sale"...

..."Because he's a liar. He didn't do any of that stuff!"

Smithers: People like dogs, Mr. Burns.

Burns: Nonsense. Dogs are idiots! Think about it, Smithers. If I came into your house and started sniffing at your crotch and slobbering all over your face, what would you say?

Smithers: ... If you did it, sir?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?