Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ghosts

Ghosts

Do you believe in ghosts or evil spirits? Would you be willing to spend a night alone in a remote house that is supposedly haunted?
    Pots and Kettles

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Yay!

Re: Ghosts

No

Yes
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi is great TV.

I live in a historically designated Victorian home, and would sleep in a haunted house - or visit one etc...,

Yes I believe there's something going on that we don't quite fully understand yet - it's not taken seriously enough by the scientific community - I've had an experience that's led me to become much more curious and try to understand it better.

That said I'm definitely a skeptic and require solid evidence - not mind matrixing and silly orbs and dust in photographs...1st hand experience and visual proof are required for me.

There's way too much crap on the web muddying the waters in this area - it's why I appreciate TAPS (show I mentioned above) they are very sensible, logical folks with a scientific, skeptical approach...no whacked out psychics and people freaking out over "orbs."

I don't believe, and yes I'd stay in a haunted house. I think a lot of it is mind over matter; people want to believe so they convince themselves they see or hear things and quantify it as a ghost.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

I do not believe in ghosts and I would stay in a supposedly haunted house.

BOO!
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

I think there is prob "stuff" out there that we don't understand or could be considered "supernatural" but not to the degree Hollywood would have us believe.

Stay in a haunted house...no problem. As long as it has high speed internet, no problem.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I'd do it!

I do think there's something out there, too....

(X-files theme)

La Dolce Vita

I hope there's something out there....not sure I think there is.

Yes, I'd stay...sounds exciting.
    teach tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    No

Yes
    ditto (0f course that was Patrick Swayze's line in "Ghost")
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

When my dad was dying we moved the couch out of the family room and moved in a hospital bed. That's where he died.

A few months later I was home alone - had been for several days (my mom and sister were in FL). I was sitting on the couch (where the bed had been). All of a sudden there was the strongest smell of my dad's aftershave. Then it was totally gone.

Still don't know if I belive in *ghosts*, but just because we can't comprehend something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Spirits yep, they don't hang around on this rock though.

Ghosts? nope.
    Go Gators!

Yep, I believe.

Would I stay in a haunted house? You betcha.

All I have to say on this is just go to my grandmothers house and stay if you don't believe in these things. The house looks normal but under the surface it is very unusual. I wish the guys on Ghosthunters would go there.

I worked a storm in Newport News a few years ago. I rented a old wooden beach house with an upstairs and downstairs unit.

I had the downstairs. The wind blew constantly, and the house creaked and groaned all the time, especially loud at night.

After I'd been there a couple of weeks, the owner came by and we talked about the house, and she asked me if I'd seen anything odd.

I really hadn't. Then she told me about the upstairs unit. It was her brothers. She took me upstairs to show me. He had traveled all over the world in his job, and had the most interesting collection of wood carved stuff, big dark wooden pieces of furniture, dark wood paneled walls. It looked like the crypt-keepers apartment, so dark and with a total Adams family feel.

Then she told me that he had committed suicide two months ago. She said she could always feel his presence there.

Soooooo. For the next three months I stayed there, it was one creepy deal. Many times I'd walk through the house and feel a really cold place, very odd. A couple of times my arm hair stood straight out and I had the weirdest feeling.

I slept with the radio on all night, just for background noise, because that damn place creaked and moaned like something else.

One night, I really thought I felt some kind of presence, and I sat down and just started talking. I said something like "John, I'm going to take good care of your house. You don't have to worry about me".

It was some experience. I don't know if it was his spirit, whatever. I do know that my perception of the whole thing was what was real, and I pretty much believed that something was going on there, but I somehow felt like whatever it was wouldn't hurt me.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

In my grandmothers house I have seen people appear and disappear. I have been sitting in the living room and seen the phone lift off the reciever and fall into the floor. My brother my cousin and myself witnessed the pool balls begin more or less scatter on their own. There are other things but those are a few.

Turn Off Ads?