Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Franklin must be moved into the rotation for EZ

Franklin must be moved into the rotation for EZ

After tonight's performance combined with his previous two starts in August, it's obvious Ramirez has hit a wall. Whether it be tipping pitches, poor location, or lack of confidence, EZ needs a break, we can't afford to be using the bullpen in the 2nd inning every game he pitches.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Can he be stopped?

Re: Franklin must be moved into the rotation for EZ

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50078

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...t=50038&page=2

I agree. I think Franklin was already advised to be prepared to start, this would be the turning point.

(Mods, can we just get one mega thread? 3 threads discussing EZ today is enough)

I agree. Franklin has looked like he's been in control of his stuff and Elizardo has completely fallen off the map. Maybe he needs to go back to AAA to re-identify his pitches and resume play here in September.

How about this slower throwing version of Roger Clemens we got on the mound tonight?

3 IP, 0 H so far
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

I like Franklin and Lohse in the Rotation. Just not back to back. Same type of pitcher.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    I like Franklin and Lohse in the Rotation. Just not back to back. Same type of pitcher.
    I agree with this assumption, however, if you put Milton between the two of them, what does that really do? Lohse has looked phenomenal in his two starts, pitching as a #5 pitcher should. As much as I feel like we NEED Bailey to come up in order to get into the playoffs, I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Hell why not pitch this guy out there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps
    I agree with this assumption, however, if you put Milton between the two of them, what does that really do? Lohse has looked phenomenal in his two starts, pitching as a #5 pitcher should. As much as I feel like we NEED Bailey to come up in order to get into the playoffs, I'm not holding my breath on this one.
    That's a really good question. I would want to see the pitching charts for all three guys for their last two appearances and take a closer look. Lohse in Between Arroyo and Harang, followed by Franklin then Milton I could live with. Of course you just can not do that and screw everyone up.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by dieselman44
    Hell why not pitch this guy out there right now.
    He's not looking too bad if you ask me. A ton of movement on his stuff.
    Cedric 3/24/08

Can he be stopped?

TC, in your opinion, how much is Michalak benefiting from the Phils not having a scouting report on him (or a hastily assembled one). I'm assuming that since he is a career AAA guy and because he was only added to the 40 today, that the phils hitters didn't scout him that much before the game.

Belisle kind of had the same thing going for him a few years back. He's do horribly in scheduled starts, but when he had to spot start, he'd pitch jems. Now is that lack or a scouting report or indicitive of how Belisle prepares, i don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunner44
    TC, in your opinion, how much is Michalak benefiting from the Phils not having a scouting report on him (or a hastily assembled one). I'm assuming that since he is a career AAA guy and because he was only added to the 40 today, that the phils hitters didn't scout him that much before the game.

Belisle kind of had the same thing going for him a few years back. He's do horribly in scheduled starts, but when he had to spot start, he'd pitch jems. Now is that lack or a scouting report or indicitive of how Belisle prepares, i don't know.
    I think it has a pretty big impact. I was waiting for a few Phillies hitters to see him for a second or third time before I made judgement. His best asset is his movement on his pitches. He does throw strikes. That's half the battle.

Belisle... I think a lot of his success is his mental state. When he spot starts he doesn't have to think about it.
    Last edited by Team Clark; 08-12-2006 at 10:15 PM.
    Cedric 3/24/08

Agreed, Belisle's game is all mental

90% of the game is half mental

Do you think Michalak could be nearly this effective everytime he pitches or do you think once players have a chance to scout him, he'd be hammered?

I think its tough to use this start is a basis for taking EZ out of the rotation, last time out he was horrible, no doubt. But, I'm not sure what Narron expected today after last nights debacle.

Turn Off Ads?