Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Narron.

Re: Jerry Narron.

Narron's moves are really disheartening. The walk is not even a decision for most MLB managers, you face Howard even though you don't like it.

If Jerry hadn't been given an extension I could at least be dreaming right now that he'd been gone next year and we'd have an improvement, but as it stands we all know we get him next year as well unless Wayne makes a shocking move.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If Howard or the pitcher would have hit into a double play then Rowand never would have batted. I dont think it was the correct move to load the bases with nobody out, the percentage of the guy on third scoring in that situation is far better then the percentage of howard getting a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by dburke1337
    True, but infield defense and outfield defense are apples and oranges. I don't think he should sub out EE either, but the odds of a booted grounder or bad throw are more likely than an outfielder making an error.
    Edwin had 2 HOMERS and has been clutch with men on base.. WHY take him out????

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445
    Edwin had 2 HOMERS and has been clutch with men on base.. WHY take him out????
    I said I didn't agree with taking him out, but I was explaining from my point of view why what he was saying didn't happen.

If Bray and Guardardo do their job then Narron is not put in this position. The bottom line is the bullpen has to step up or this team is going to fade.

Narron is going to run Bray's arm into the ground much like Robinson did to Majewski. The kid is only 23 and Jerry has him out their almost every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc
    I mean, seriously...can anyone off hand think of a dumber move ever made by a MLB manager.
    Thursday, July 20, 2006.

Reds/Mets 2-2 tie in the 6th or 7th inning. Reds have bases loaded and only one out with Edwin Encarnacion due up - he of the career 1.713 OPS with the bases juiced - and Narron pinch hits for him. Hatteberg (the PH) K's and the Reds fail to score and wind up losing 4-2.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBrooklyn
    I agree with the poster who said this one was lost by Bray and Guardado. Reds had the game and let it slip away.
    If Jr. makes a catch that many other CFs would have made, the game would have been over. The Reds need to address that situation, badly.

He handles Encarnacion like he's a slappy who can't play defense. That's not exactly what EE is...

Jerry "King of those kind of managerial moves" Narron....
    You know how sometimes managers are an understudy of another manager before they become a manager? And they usually are for several years. Well what about Narron, who do you think he learned most of his coach styles from? I am just very curious, i8f thtye have had the same success/failures????

Quote Originally Posted by dieselman44
    the percentage of the guy on third scoring in that situation is far better then the percentage of howard getting a hit.
    That's it in a nutshell. It's not like Howard is batting .735 on the season. Even with the recently poor EZ, odds are Howard is out and so is the pitcher next up. Then we have a chance for the 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by big boy
    If Jr. makes a catch that many other CFs would have made, the game would have been over. The Reds need to address that situation, badly.
    I almost forgot about that. A few years ago, Griffey would have caught that one easily. Now he seems very slow in the outfield. His age and the injuries have really caught up to him.
    I hate the Cubs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc
    In all my life of watching baseball, I don't know if I have EVER seen a dumber move than walking Howard with men on 1st and 2nd with no one out in the bottom on the 14th.

I am just stunned right now.
    Sure you have, starting a $13M player in CF and going Ofer 5 and his sidekick starting and going Ofer 6.

Howard is prone to strikeouts. In my 33 years of watching baseball, I have never seen a move to place the runner at 3rd with no outs. (Bob Boone was in the ballpark tonight though. )

Jerry is lucky Marty will not be asking the questions in tomorrow's pre-game show.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Just so I get this right, fans of the Reds -- a team that has not even competed for the postseason since 1999, a team until recently managed by Dave Miley and Bob Boone -- think that the manager who has their team -- a team, mind you, picked dead last in the NL Central by every publication and pundit -- in the Wild Card lead in mid-August should be fired ASAP?

I'm all for hyperbole, but anyone honestly think this same exact team with Miley, Boone or some "established" guy like Jim Tracy managing would be int his position?

Is he perfect? Heck, no. But let's be reasonable.

Turn Off Ads?