Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Narron.

Re: Jerry Narron.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBrooklyn
    Just so I get this right, fans of the Reds -- a team that has not even competed for the postseason since 1999, a team until recently managed by Dave Miley and Bob Boone -- think that the manager who has their team -- a team, mind you, picked dead last in the NL Central by every publication and pundit -- in the Wild Card lead in mid-August should be fired ASAP?

I'm all for hyperbole, but anyone honestly think this same exact team with Miley, Boone or some "established" guy like Jim Tracy managing would be int his position?

Is he perfect? Heck, no. But let's be reasonable.
    I never said he should be fired. All I am saying is that was the dumbest decision I have ever seen a MLB manager make.
    DLC11@Insightbb.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just so I get this right, fans of the Reds -- a team that has not even competed for the postseason since 1999, a team until recently managed by Dave Miley and Bob Boone -- think that the manager who has their team -- a team, mind you, picked dead last in the NL Central by every publication and pundit -- in the Wild Card lead in mid-August should be fired ASAP?

I'm all for hyperbole, but anyone honestly think this same exact team with Miley, Boone or some "established" guy like Jim Tracy managing would be int his position?

Another CLASSIC post!

Please tell us all why he deserved a contract extension? What has he done? The season is not over and it is only going to get uglier!

I don't advocate firing him at all. But I do advocate giving him the strictest of warnings if I'm WK. Rolling the dice is one thing, throwing them off the table and at the people who hope you'll win is quite another.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalFlush
    Another CLASSIC post!

Please tell us all why he deserved a contract extension? What has he done? The season is not over and it is only going to get uglier!
    1. Has his team LEADING THE NL WILD CARD

What else do you need, a lesson in baseball?

or maybe you'd rather have Kearns, Lopez, Miley and fourth place back?

Don't forget....Narron is a self-proclaimed "BASEBALL GUY" so you know he has sound logic behind all of his moves....whatever!!!

I'm guessing they won't be after tonight depending on the Diamondback game...

Quote Originally Posted by big boy
    If Jr. makes a catch that many other CFs would have made, the game would have been over. The Reds need to address that situation, badly.
    Is that the one that hit off of his glove? I didn't get to see the whole game?

Woahhhhhhhhhhh, a lesson in baseball, another CLASSIC line, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, he has us leading the NL wild card, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, it is August, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Bwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

please tell me his overall record as a manager or do you need a lesson in baseball?

in the Wild Card lead in mid-August should be fired ASAP?
    ASAP? That's just making something up. I'm just dissapointed that we aren't seeing a full season from him before he gets that K extension after being reviewed post season.

Another CLASSIC post!

People keep saying that, and have been since, what, a month into the season. Seems after every loss, someone is on here saying "Well that's it season's done." But we're still leading/tied in the wild card. If we win tomorrow please say it again so atleast you'll be consistent.

Woahhhhhhhhhhh, a lesson in baseball, another CLASSIC line, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, he has us leading the NL wild card, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, it is August, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Bwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

please tell me his overall record as a manager or do you need a lesson in baseball?

Ah, OK.

So you're one of THOSE guys.

That makes ignoring you in the future a lot easier, thanks.

For the record, he's 105-103 as Reds manager.

What is this, the thread for eighth graders? My goodness people, back up your staements. It gets old hearing "Jerry's the greatest," "Jerry stinks," and "so does your mom." And none of those are backed up with anything by half of the posters on this thread. Geesh. Narron is neither the best or worst manager in the history of baseball. Both sides of this argument need to think a little bit. As for me, I'll flip flop after every game.

So we should extend a manager for have his team play "mediocre" baseball. IMO, the job of the manager is to motivate and make sounds baseball decisions. Tonight and many other games he has not helped this teams chance to win with his decisions. And how is our 13 million dollar many unable to hustle out ground balls? I don't give a **** if he is Ken Griffy Jr. chew his ass out.

Quote Originally Posted by big boy
    If Jr. makes a catch that many other CFs would have made, the game would have been over. The Reds need to address that situation, badly.
    If Ross doesn't throw the ball into center field in the 9th inning, the Reds win. There is a lot of blame to go around for tonight's game.

I may be in the minority, but I don't think it was the unsound decision that everyone claims it to be. The key to walking Howard in that situation is that you have a reliever coming to the plate next who has only 3 at-bats the entire year. I don't think Narron does it if any position player was coming up next. You strike out the pitcher, which didn't happen but you got the out, and you can get out of the inning with a ground ball.

Turn Off Ads?