Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You Know It's bad When Marc Lancaster Has This Reaction

You Know It's bad When Marc Lancaster Has This Reaction

Oh my god

If I could find a bridge somewhere, I might be tempted.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: You Know It's bad When Marc Lancaster Has This Reaction

worst. managing. ever.

I really want to hear the explanation. Not letting Howard beat you does not cut it in that situation.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

I agree Flyer. I don't want Bonds, Sosa, etc. to beat me in their best day, but to walk the winning run to 3rd base with 0 outs. Who has that strategy?? I mean WTF??
    I'm East of you. Be very very worried. Not quite OBX. But, be worried.

Keep Marc away from the riverfront
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by 2001MUgrad
    I agree Flyer. I don't want Bonds, Sosa, etc. to beat me in their best day, but to walk the winning run to 3rd base with 0 outs. Who has that strategy?? I mean WTF??
    This cannot be stressed enough. Simply can't.

You have to pitch to Howard there and pray. Because if you get him, with a pitcher up next, you are almost out of the inning. Not one of Narron's finer moments. Yet again.

Poor strategy, looking for a perfect play. I have to think that Narron was hoping that a RH matchup would be easier on Ramirez, thus allowing him to maybe go tonight.

As it stands he can go tonight because Narron didn't hit a 2 on 19.

Which was almost completely unlikely, however Ryan Howard is sure scaring some folks this season eh? 23% of his BB are intentional.

Man Pills

The strategy is moot, really. Ramirez has been throwing batting practice since the ASB--nothing could have stopped the eventual avalanche that is Ramirez's pitching.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

The outcome of this game would have been better if one or more of those 3 Ks from the newest Red had been a hit or walk. I'll bet Krivsky went through a whole pack of Rolaids in the last 6 innings of this game.

BTW, I offer this game as Exhibit A in the case that Ryan Freel is not an everyday player.

While I don't think his decision to avoid Howard was the "worst decision of all time" that others do, I think his execution of that play was lacking. After time to think about it here's what I'm thinking.

EZ just came off getting totally destroyed. His confidence is already shaken. He was so nervous against the Cards he couldn't execute his pitches...how would last night's situation have been any different? He had to be at about zero on the confidence meter. So to put him in a situation where he had to be perfect with zero margin for error, in the 14th inning of a battle of a game is prob asking too much of him.

Now you have to ask Lizzard to start today, after loosing the game last night and getting destroyed the other day. Not a good way to develop a promising young pitcher, IMO.

With EZ I would have taken my chances with Howard and if he gets bombed so be it. I would have rather seen Harrang come out to pitch again. With his poise and confidence on the mound I think the chances of loading the bases with 0 outs improves. Still very, very risky but at least you have a guy who can handle the pressure. He just struck out Pooholes with the bases loaded the other day. With Harrang I would have rolled the dice because I think he can handle it.

Why we got to using starters is a whole different other thread. With a little better bullpen usage I don't think he would have had to go to that extreme. But that is hindsight.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Very nice post, Abner.

All those pitching changes in late innings have always irked me. That righty/lefty thing is so overrated. They don't worry about for the first two-thirds of the game; why does it suddently become so important the minute the 7th or 8th inning begins?

I know JN isn't the only one who does it, but, IMHO, he over does it. If a guy's pitching well, leave him in... even let him take an AB if he has to. If the starter is going for a complete game, he hits in late innings. What's the difference if a late inning guy is pitching well?

And I really, really think JN should be more careful about when he double switches. Taking your best hitter(s) out of the game is just not wise, especially when you're behind... and it happens way too often.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

I do not second guess Managers a whole lot because I have managed and I know how tough it is. There are usually a ton of things going on that fans do not know about that go into a decision. That being said.... Never and I mean NEVER have I seen what Jerry did last night. I hope I never see it again. Unreal.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

All those pitching changes in late innings have always irked me. That righty/lefty thing is so overrated. They don't worry about for the first two-thirds of the game; why does it suddently become so important the minute the 7th or 8th inning begins?
    This is definatley one area where I agree Narron over thinks things and tries to be a bit too clever.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    I do not second guess Managers a whole lot because I have managed and I know how tough it is. There are usually a ton of things going on that fans do not know about that go into a decision. That being said.... Never and I mean NEVER have I seen what Jerry did last night. I hope I never see it again. Unreal.
    I doubt if Narron is well respected, with his peers, concerning stratagy.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster
    I doubt if Narron is well respected, with his peers, concerning stratagy.
    Yeah I hear Dusty Baker and Grady Little laugh at him all the time....

Turn Off Ads?