Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preston Wilson anyone?

Preston Wilson anyone?

HOUSTON -- The Houston Astros announced on Saturday that outfielder Preston Wilson was designated for assignment, which gives them 10 days to trade, release or reassign the 32-year-old to the Minor Leagues.
    The move was made in order to make room for rookie right-hander Jason Hirsh on the 25-man roster. Hirsh, 24, is set to make his big league-debut Saturday against the Padres.

Wilson, whom the Astros signed to a one-year deal with a club option for three years in January, hit .269 (105-for-390) with nine homers and 55 RBIs over 102 games for the Astros.

ok now we definfitly know wat he can do and he wasnt having that bad of a season plus his three year deal only kicks in with an option so thats out of the way. hmmmm this man should be a serious candidate
    He's twice the player that Holly is. Offer up Bergolla for him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Preston Wilson anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    He's twice the player that Holly is. Offer up Bergolla for him.
    Preston Wilson is terrible.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

princeton was looking for a right-handed bench guy with pop. I don't know if Preston Wilson qualifies for that these days...but I'd rather have him at the plate late vs. a lefty late in the game if it was between him and LaRue.
    "I fought because I understood and could not bear to understand, that it was my destiny -- unlike that of my father, whose fate it was to hear the roar of the crowd -- to sit in the stands with most men and acclaim others. It was my fate, my destiny, my end, to be a fan."

Take him. Chambliss can help free swingers (see Brandon Phillips). Also if Griffey gets injured we're in trouble.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    Preston Wilson is terrible.
    But he's better than Todd Hollandsworth.

I think Wilson was one of the first guys to get freaked out over the LF wall in Houston. He's golfing everything.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

No thanks.
    Go Gators!

Houston would never trade him to us anyway, so the point is moot.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

I have a feeling Wilson would resist being used in a bench role unless it was the Yankees or something.

It can't hurt to try. Right now the Reds have no real option on the OF if Freel needs a day off.
    I'm East of you. Be very very worried. Not quite OBX. But, be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by 2001MUgrad
    It can't hurt to try. Right now the Reds have no real option on the OF if Freel needs a day off.
    I would much rather have Denorfia.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Deno should try switch hitting, even if he stinks from 1 side he'll be back here in place of Holly.
    Go Gators!

Talk about racking up some serious K's as a team. Can you imagine Dunn and Wilson in the same lineup?
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    Talk about racking up some serious K's as a team. Can you imagine Dunn and Wilson in the same lineup?
    K's.. whos thinking about K's when he has one of the worst facial hair in the history of baseball!

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar
    K's.. whos thinking about K's when he has one of the worst facial hair in the history of baseball!

huh?
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar

It's like a goatee that got lost
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?