Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bash me if you want

Bash me if you want

But Griffey needs glasses and Clayton needs to be DFA'd. It's a crying shame when your pitcher has better at bats than your shorstop.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bash me if you want

You mean you dont want your "starting" SS swinging at the frist 3 pitches he sees with the bases loaded and a pitcher on the mound with control problems?
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Chris and George say he is just 'tired. Oh well.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

I won't bash you on it. I got a good chuckle with EZ at bat and was thinking basically the same thing but more explicitly. EZ even got ahead 2-0 with a series of fake bunts.

Clayton ugghhh, I read somewhere that if you bat him 8th his attitude and avg will drop significantly. But frankly after that awful AB I would actually consider batting him 9th.

Griffey has had about a month and a half of bad AB's and even worse results. He seemed like he was about to come out of it recently as he has actually had 10 hits in his last 10 games, but then the past few games he has done very little. The problem it seems has been that many of his hits have come in situations were that's all they were was hits and they didn't seem to produce much. Basically he has not been much of a situational hitter as of late.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I have seen alot of pitches lately that Griffey would usually pull out of the ballpark. About belt high and middle to inner part of the plate and he has just grounded out to second. He is in a huuuuge slump...if we can get him going we'd be alot better off. If not, we have to get him out of the middle of the lineup.
    R.I.P Farney 12/22/2012

Griff has looked "old" in CF the past few games. Its time to consider Freel as a better option. Its time to quit trying to "save face" with the trade and playing Clayton everyday. The need to DFA him and bring up someone that can be used to fill in for Freel and Griffey in the OF from time to time. I don't mind Hollandsworth in for Griff, but I shudder to think of the OF with both Griffey and Hollandsworth playing at the same time.
    I'm East of you. Be very very worried. Not quite OBX. But, be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by BlfdVaFan
    But Griffey needs glasses and Clayton needs to be DFA'd. It's a crying shame when your pitcher has better at bats than your shorstop.
    He doesn't need glasses. He needs to get out of a slump, and it's as simple as that.

If you don't want people bashing you, quit bashing the future Hall of Fame players on the team!

I will say this...>Clayton isn't a very good shortstop...aside from Castro, he's really all we have, so we need to hang on for him for a little while longer.

If KGJr truly is tired, then why the you-know-what doesn't JN give him a day off once in awhile. I don't remember the last time he wasn't in the starting lineup.

And for Pete's sake, let Juan Castro start once in awhile... at least once or twice a week.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    If KGJr truly is tired, then why the you-know-what doesn't JN give him a day off once in awhile. I don't remember the last time he wasn't in the starting lineup.

And for Pete's sake, let Juan Castro start once in awhile... at least once or twice a week.
    Narron hasn't ran out of the xerox copies of the lineup that has Jr. pre-written in the 3rd spot playing centerfield. He'll have to wait until the first of the month before his office supply budget is replenished. DanO wouldn't have let it wait that long, but Krivsky has DFAs to pay for. :
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Discalimer: Griffy is one of my absolute favorite players ever. Having said that, I think he needs some rest, and then try moving him down in the order...... maybe that would shake him out of whatever funk he is in. I keep saying to myself "I hope he ism't washed upor hurt".

Quote Originally Posted by 2001MUgrad
    Griff has looked "old" in CF the past few games. Its time to consider Freel as a better option. Its time to quit trying to "save face" with the trade and playing Clayton everyday. The need to DFA him and bring up someone that can be used to fill in for Freel and Griffey in the OF from time to time. I don't mind Hollandsworth in for Griff, but I shudder to think of the OF with both Griffey and Hollandsworth playing at the same time.
    If you think that Clayton isn't good for the team (and I'm not going to argue that here), then you would just request waivers and give him his unconditional release. What assignment would you be designating him for anyway? I don't think he's coming to Louisville anytime soon.

Griffey certainly needs some time off. The guy hasn't had a day off in ages.

He's getting a day off today. I'll go out on a limb and say he comes up big in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Ya know, a couple of years ago I would have bet my house that no one would have ever be saying this
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Maybe Griffey has a numerical goal for his number of games played this year that he has shared only with Narron? Considering his average number of games played/season since arriving in Cincinnati, it's not hard to understand that he'd like to get that number up. It would also further explain his less aggressive style of play this year—as if having leg muscles screwed to his leg bones weren't enough explanation.

Turn Off Ads?