Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Again...

Again...

Dunn/Griffey 0-9, 12 LOB, 4Ks
    Choices need to be made...now.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Again...

If they (and when I say they I mean Dunn) don't hit, we don't go to the playoffs. If Griffey isn't dropped in the order, we don't go to the playoffs.

Freel
    Hatteberg
    Dunn
    Edwin
    Ross
    Rich-SS
    Griffey
    Phillips

should be the lineup. Too bad there is no chance Rich plays SS or Griffey bats 7th.

Dunn will hit again. He hit a couple long ones today, just not quite long enough.

I'm stymied by KGJr though. I do think he needs a couple days off (tomorrow... Monday is an off day anyway).
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I disagree. Griffey is the only blue chip RBI guy we have...EE could become one, Dunn doesn't hit top pitching well, Hatteberg is excellent player but a contact, top of the order guy, and they don't play Aurilia, who has been a blue chip RBI guy--Griffey is the guy who is assigned to bring them in...if he fails-sayonara 2006 Reds.

What choices needs to be made? we don't really have anyone knocking the door down to take over.

JR should be slid down for awhile.
    Go Gators!

Here is my lineup.

Freel-CF
    Dunn-RF
    Phillips-SS
    Encarnacion-3b
    Hatteberg-1B
    Aurilla-2B
    Griffey-LF
    Ross-C
    Pitcher
    I'm East of you. Be very very worried. Not quite OBX. But, be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse
    I disagree. Griffey is the only blue chip RBI guy we have...EE could become one, Dunn doesn't hit top pitching well, Hatteberg is excellent player but a contact, top of the order guy, and they don't play Aurilia, who has been a blue chip RBI guy--Griffey is the guy who is assigned to bring them in...if he fails-sayonara 2006 Reds.
    Griffey only has 10 more RBIs in 104 at bat's. If Griffey is a true RBI guy, then Edwin is also. Dunn is going to knock in over 100 runs, when you do that you are an rbi guy.

EE and Dunn should be the 3/4. I don't think ths issue is 1-2-3-4. To me it seems as if Freel/Hatte/Dunn/Edwin is the easiest part of the lineup to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by 2001MUgrad
    Here is my lineup.

Freel-CF
    Dunn-RF
    Phillips-SS
    Encarnacion-3b
    Hatteberg-1B
    Aurilla-2B
    Griffey-LF
    Ross-C
    Pitcher
    Phillips has a .777 OPS, not much better then Griffey's. I'd bat Rich 3rd before I did Phillips.

Wow while looking at the stats I have discoverd LaRue has more at bats then Ross does. Uhh why?
    Last edited by reds44; 08-13-2006 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse
    Dunn/Griffey 0-9, 12 LOB, 4Ks
    Choices need to be made...now.
    I say we release this Dunn guy. WHAT?!? You mean to tell me he's the best player on the team?

Well then, I'll just start a thread with the sole purpose of bashing him. WHAT?!? There's already thousands of them? Dude, you should know, you started half of them. Oh yeah....

Your hatred of Dunn is becoming unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44

Phillips has a .777 OPS, not much better then Griffey's. I'd bat Rich 3rd before I did Phillips.
    Thats fine. I don't know that Phillips has batted 3rd though. I like his attributes as a #3 hitter to at least try him out there. I know Griffey is no longer a 3 hitter.
    I'm East of you. Be very very worried. Not quite OBX. But, be worried.

Man Pills

Last night they scored nine runs.

Again....

Flop Dunn and Hatte in the order for awhile. Dunn at 2, Hatte at 5.

Rest Griffey today. Two days off will help him regroup.

Today, I would hit Dunn second, Hatte third, EE fourth, get RA into the lineup at shortstop. Use Hollandsworth in right, Freel in center.

Griffey should be no higher than fifth until he catches fire. It seems the bet way to capitalize on his HR power is to put the all the high OBP/OPS guys in front of him. Freel, Hatttie, Dunn, EE, then Griffey.
    "I'm a Cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. Please don't send me to the pickle farm, bum." - Brak

Record In Games Attended, 2007: 2-1 (1-0 GAB, 1-1 Jake)

Quote Originally Posted by kyred14
    I say we release this Dunn guy. WHAT?!? You mean to tell me he's the best player on the team?

Well then, I'll just start a thread with the sole purpose of bashing him. WHAT?!? There's already thousands of them? Dude, you should know, you started half of them. Oh yeah....

Your hatred of Dunn is becoming unhealthy.
    I'm sorry, when did I say Dunn should be released? And when did I say I hate him? It seems your defensiveness about Dunn is really the thing that is unhealthy: you're seeing things.

Everyone else saw my post for what it is: initiating a discussion about batting order. You're a little bit paranoid IMO. Don't worry, the Reds won't trade Dunn. Just sit down and breathe into a bag for a moment. It'll be OK.
    Last edited by Wheelhouse; 08-13-2006 at 12:03 PM.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Griffey's going long today....

Turn Off Ads?