Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maid finds naked truth

Hybrid View

Maid finds naked truth

DID YOU KNOW?

The Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee has long been rumored to be haunted, many claiming the ghost of the former owner roams the building, checking in on guests.

In 2001, Adrian Beltre claimed he kept hearing knocking noises behind the headboard, but he refused to confirm that he slept with his baseball bat.

Cincinnati slugger Adam Dunn may have added another chapter in the 113-year history of the hotel. The Reds recently played in Milwaukee during a heat wave, and the air conditioning in the hotel wasn't proving much relief.

Dunn took a cold shower, then went to sleep on top of his sheets because it was too hot to be covered. Dunn, however, forgot to latch his door.

As Hall of Fame sportswriter Hal McCoy of the Dayton Daily News put it, "a maid walked in to discover the naked truth of how hot it was."

http://www.startribune.com/509/story/610003.html
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Re: Maid finds naked truth

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine

DID YOU KNOW?

The Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee has long been rumored to be haunted, many claiming the ghost of the former owner roams the building, checking in on guests.

In 2001, Adrian Beltre claimed he kept hearing knocking noises behind the headboard, but he refused to confirm that he slept with his baseball bat.

Cincinnati slugger Adam Dunn may have added another chapter in the 113-year history of the hotel. The Reds recently played in Milwaukee during a heat wave, and the air conditioning in the hotel wasn't proving much relief.

Dunn took a cold shower, then went to sleep on top of his sheets because it was too hot to be covered. Dunn, however, forgot to latch his door.

As Hall of Fame sportswriter Hal McCoy of the Dayton Daily News put it, "a maid walked in to discover the naked truth of how hot it was."

http://www.startribune.com/509/story/610003.html
    Don't let Creek see this!

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat
    Don't let Creek see this!
    What makes you think I haven't already seen *it*?
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    you really have been on a "secret mission"?
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

I should've known! That was no mere housekeeper, that was you in your french maid outfit and one of those handheld gizmos you see on TV to defeat those electronic card locks. Have you no shame creek?

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat
    Have you no shame creek?
    Uh, no.

You think I'm in the business I'm in just for freedom and stuff like that?!?!

Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Something tells me you "have"!
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Great...I'll be staying at the Pfister a week from Monday. I'll have to just bury my head in the sand and ignore whether my room might have been the one Dunn stayed in.

Yeeeechhhhhh.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    Great...I'll be staying at the Pfister a week from Monday. I'll have to just bury my head in the sand and ignore whether my room might have been the one Dunn stayed in.

Yeeeechhhhhh.
    Keep in mind that those hotel bedspreads don't get washed between every guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    Is this true?

That's nasty if true, though it doesn't affect me since I always take my own covers and pillows and sleep on the floor when I stay in a hotel.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Is this true?

That's nasty if true, though it doesn't affect me since I always take my own covers and pillows and sleep on the floor when I stay in a hotel.
    It is true. Sheets and blankets get washed between guests, but bedspreads get washed, um... less often. :

You can confirm this by looking at the maid carts. You'll see sheets, towels, washcloths, blankets, but no bedspreads.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    I can confirm that. We happen to live within sight of what used to be a days inn here in Chicago. I will say that people will do almost anything on top off the bedspread (amazing what you will see with a good pair of binoculars) so if you haven't been one to immediately put it on the floor when you get in the room I suggest you do.

This will conclude my public service announcement
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed
    (amazing what you will see with a good pair of binoculars)
    Go Gators!

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed
    I can confirm that. We happen to live within sight of what used to be a days inn here in Chicago. I will say that people will do almost anything on top off the bedspread (amazing what you will see with a good pair of binoculars) so if you haven't been one to immediately put it on the floor when you get in the room I suggest you do.

This will conclude my public service announcement
    I need to buy you a high powered video camera. MyTube would love you
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Man Pills

This is why I always take a big poop right on my bedspread as soon as I arrive in my room.

Turn Off Ads?