Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question...

Question...

Will Michalick (sp.) stay up and make another start? I didn't see that question referred to anywhere...
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Question...

I don't see him going down after yesterday's performance. Especially with the move of sending EZ down and bringing up Shackleford.

Whether he makes a start, is anyone's guess at this time.

I personally think it's a toss up between him and Franklin. Narron will pick one. If they have a good start, he will be a genius, and if they have a bad start, he will have picked the wrong guy.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I think Michalak will stay up, but I don't want to see him make another start. I would lay a solid bet down that a lack of scouting report helped his cause last night, and once he got thru the lineup once, they had figured him and his 80 mph fastball out. Ryan Howard says hi, btw, and Michalak should be asking Narron why he left him out there that long.

Put him in the pen, he'll fit in nicely with the over 30 crowd.

I didn't see the game(well except for Howards home run, that was a nice time to tune in) but that was the only run he gave up in 6 2/3.
    He got through the lineup twice and that was the only real blemish on his mark.
    Was he giving up other hard hit balls before that?
    Great move by Narron to leave him out there. He was able to get the win, and the bullpen is basically reset now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21
    Michalak should be asking Narron why he left him out there that long.
    coddle thy journeymen

For a Level Playing Field

I would lay a solid bet down that a lack of scouting report helped his cause last night, and once he got thru the lineup once, they had figured him and his 80 mph fastball out. Ryan Howard says hi, btw, and Michalak should be asking Narron why he left him out there that long.
    Wow... nothing like a little negativity after the guy's 1st appearance. All that good pitching from the man and we have to throw in the one at-bat that went bad. 1 at-bat mind you in 6.2 IP. I just hate it when a guy gives up ONE SOLO HR in 6.2 IP. That kind of work should be heavily criticized and demands for a demotion to single-A ball.

Guess what? Chris Michalak says hi to the entire Philadelphia lineup. And says hi to all REDS fans... even the negative ones. And after that horrible performance I say hi and welcome to him. I must be blind b/c I saw a great outing by the man. I have tried really hard to harp on ONE bad at-bat in 6.2 IP, but I would not want to come off as a crass person who cannot find a reason to hate Jerry Narron after that game. Hmmmm.... imagine that?!?

Thank you, Michalak. Thank you for being put on the spot and delivering like a professional. And thank you for allowing the REDS team to win that game last night. Yes, you were the reason the REDS won that game.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Wow... nothing like a little negativity after the guy's 1st appearance. All that good pitching from the man and we have to throw in the one at-bat that went bad. 1 at-bat mind you in 6.2 IP. I just hate it when a guy gives up ONE SOLO HR in 6.2 IP. That kind of work should be heavily criticized and demands for a demotion to single-A ball.

Guess what? Chris Michalak says hi to the entire Philadelphia lineup. And says hi to all REDS fans... even the negative ones. And after that horrible performance I say hi and welcome to him. I must be blind b/c I saw a great outing by the man. I have tried really hard to harp on ONE bad at-bat in 6.2 IP, but I would not want to come off as a crass person who cannot find a reason to hate Jerry Narron after that game. Hmmmm.... imagine that?!?

Thank you, Michalak. Thank you for being put on the spot and delivering like a professional. And thank you for allowing the REDS team to win that game last night. Yes, you were the reason the REDS won that game.
    He saved our butt yesterday, but he has worse stuff then Dave Williams did. It's only a matter of time before he gets beat down.

I was at work while watching the game, so maybe I'm a little off base in saying this since I didn't get to see every minute of it, but I don't remember seeing anyone hit a ball hard off of Michalak other than that Howard home run.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    He saved our butt yesterday, but he has worse stuff then Dave Williams did. It's only a matter of time before he gets beat down.
    I will not argue that at all, reds44. However, to hear a neg comment like the one above is nearing ridiculous. After that game all that can be said is luck & of course the mention of one at-bat. One at-bat with no one on base. No mention of a great game by the guy called up hours before the game. No mention of 6.2 IP and only 1 ER. No mention of ONLY 3 days rest by the man. Just mention of 1 at-bat out of about 27 batters. Did I mention how ridiculous that is of a "REDS fan" to say?

The REDS win 9-7. The REDS get bailed out by a no-name pitcher who had to rush to Philly for the game. The REDS won. And some want to mention the 1 at-bat by Howard that equated to ONE whole run. Did I mention that it is ridiculous?!?

If people want to say that he should not start a game, I am fine with it. But to throw out Howard's ONE at-bat for that reason is.... well, ridiculous!
    Last edited by RedFanAlways1966; 08-13-2006 at 12:54 PM.

Can he be stopped?

Michalak deserves to stay in the Bigs, but as the long guy. Franklin has better stuff, and has pitched as a starter in the big leagues for a considerable amount of time. Michalak benefits from teams not scouting him, so move him to the long spot.

Ryan Howard says hi, btw
    Jeez, Howard hit his 40th home run for the season, there are a fair number of pitchers who have given up those home runs to him.

Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

It's not negativity at all, it's the truth.

Michalak looked good the first time thru the Phillies lineup b/c they'd never seen him. The 2nd lap, they started to hit him a little harder, including the Howard HR. I love the guy for what he gave us last night, probably the definition of scrappy so far in 2006, but he's not a good solution for us more than what he gave us last night.

If you saw a great outing, then you were caught up in the smoke and mirrors. I was there in person, and kept looking up to CF to see who we had up in the pen, and Narron left him in too long. I was waiting for the Michalak wheels to fall off at anytime. He was throwing junk all night, and for 6 2/3, it somehow worked.

It was easy to find a reason to hate Narron for last night, b/c we won in spite of him. The night before, he trots 9 of our arms to the mound, Ramirez lastly, and then starts Ramirez last night as a sacrificial lamb. Michalak comes in to be Ramirez's savior, and then Narron leaves him in too long. Michalak should have never pitched the 8th inning last night. Again, a reason for me to hate Jerry Narron. Blows thru our bullpen the previous night to leave us with limited options for last night. Great managing.

With 12 pitchers, you'd think that Narron would know how to give himself better options... I guess that's wishful thinking.

It's not negativity at all, it's the truth.

Michalak looked good the first time thru the Phillies lineup b/c they'd never seen him. The 2nd lap, they started to hit him a little harder, including the Howard HR. I love the guy for what he gave us last night, probably the definition of scrappy so far in 2006, but he's not a good solution for us more than what he gave us last night.

If you saw a great outing, then you were caught up in the smoke and mirrors. I was there in person, and kept looking up to CF to see who we had up in the pen, and Narron left him in too long. I was waiting for the Michalak wheels to fall off at anytime. He was throwing junk all night, and for 6 2/3, it somehow worked.

It was easy to find a reason to hate Narron for last night, b/c we won in spite of him. The night before, he trots 9 of our arms to the mound, Ramirez lastly, and then starts Ramirez last night as a sacrificial lamb. Michalak comes in to be Ramirez's savior, and then Narron leaves him in too long. Michalak should have never pitched the 8th inning last night. Again, a reason for me to hate Jerry Narron. Blows thru our bullpen the previous night to leave us with limited options for last night. Great managing.

With 12 pitchers, you'd think that Narron would know how to give himself better options... I guess that's wishful thinking.
    Be real, just because he throws slow doesnt mean his stuff is all junk, especially last night.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Stat geek...and proud

He didn't strike out a batter, IIRC, which probably means he got a little help from the BABIP gods.

Turn Off Ads?