I took two li'l princetons to last night's game. Observations:
1. Ryan Freel: faster than a Ryan Howard synapse. How awesome is that. I mean, synapses are (usually) really, REALLY fast, and Ryan Freel is faster. Also beat the third baseman to the bag on a steal.
2. OTOH, a glacier forced Jr out of the passing lane. Wish my kids had seen him when...
3. Same glacier passed Michalek's fastball. Not only did he throw slower than a little leaguer, but without even showing his best move, Michalek had the Phillies leading off first base like little leaguers. David Delucci almost had one leg in the coach's box
4. Kazillion balls died right between the mound and third base. Also very little league. Needed a third baseman from the 1900's out there.
5. Best home fan game that I have EVER seen. Phillies fans won a HR for their team, and also stayed away from a foul popup so Nunez could grab it for an out. Even three down, they stayed until the last out, because it was Guardado. Girl behind me was offered an engagement ring, but I'm not sure that she actually accepted it -- see, even the girls were smart!