Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luke "Hit em hard" Hudson

Luke "Hit em hard" Hudson

Gave up 10 Earned runs in the first inning to the Tribe today including a Grand slam to Hafner...he only recorded one out.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5869420

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/recap?gameId=260813105

His whip for the game is 110.

Sowers got the win for the Tribe.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Luke "Hit em hard" Hudson

Jeff Austin like.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Jeff Austin like.
    Jeff Austin.
    A man barely alive.
    We can build him stronger, faster....

"Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

got alil captain in u?

before this start hudson had pitched very well though

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan
    including a Grand slam to Hafner.

Jeez! It seems like he's hit like 463 grand slams this year!
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

A lot of guys have given up nine runs in an inning of work this year. Claussen, Juan Cruz, Ryan Madson. Eleven is more than nine, but not by much. Hudson can recover from this.

1st time since 1897 or something, that a pitcher has allowed 11 runs in the 1st inning...

Reds and 26.2's

ESPn said allowing that many runs in the first inning hasn't happened since something like 1896...

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPig
    ESPn said allowing that many runs in the first inning hasn't happened since something like 1896...
    Unless ESPN further qualified this statement, then ESPN is wrong. The Reds scored 13 (or maybe even 14?) runs against the Astros in a game at Riverfront in....1989, I think it was? May have been 90, but I believe it was 89.

Someone here can verify this, I'm sure...
    "It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come out, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone.
    -A. Barlett Giamatti

By one pitcher though...

Reds and 26.2's

Quote Originally Posted by PressBox
    Unless ESPN further qualified this statement, then ESPN is wrong. The Reds scored 13 (or maybe even 14?) runs against the Astros in a game at Riverfront in....1989, I think it was? May have been 90, but I believe it was 89.

Someone here can verify this, I'm sure...
    I believe they were referring to the fact that ONE pitcher gave up that many runs in the FIRST inning..

Kid Nichols did it in 1897 (12 runs). He also won 31 games that year and eventually made the Hall of Fame. So Luke can sleep easy tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBurn
    1st time since 1897 or something, that a pitcher has allowed 11 runs in the 1st inning...
    It has been that long since a cold hearted manager left a guy in there long enough to absorb that kind of a beating. He has had some poor teams to work with, but I have never been impressed with Buddy Bell's managing.

Why not get the guy out after four or five runs and give your team a chance to win?
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07
    before this start hudson had pitched very well though
    Yes he has. People always forget things like that after one bad outing.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I am not doubting that he has been decent this year...just found it pretty endearing that he was harkening back to his Reds Pitching Roots of giving up so many stinkin runs.

Turn Off Ads?