Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luke "Hit em hard" Hudson

Re: Luke "Hit em hard" Hudson

Quote Originally Posted by PressBox
    Unless ESPN further qualified this statement, then ESPN is wrong. The Reds scored 13 (or maybe even 14?) runs against the Astros in a game at Riverfront in....1989, I think it was? May have been 90, but I believe it was 89.

Someone here can verify this, I'm sure...
    Yup, not sure if this is still the Major League Record but I have the article from USAToday, taped to the inside of an old baseball card album from when I was a kid. I'll try to dig it out tommorow to see if it is dated.

Your right though, the Reds scored at least 13. Maybe more, against the Astros, sometime around 1989.

I'm sure woy will provide a link before I get out of bed tommorow.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Baseball Almanac Box Scores

Cincinnati Reds 18, Houston Astros 2

Game played on Thursday, August 3, 1989 at Riverfront Stadium

Houston 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 – 2 8 1
    Cincinnati 14 0 0 0 0 0 3 1 x – 18 26 0
    But again... Clancy started the game but didn't even get an out before he was replaced by Forsch.
    They both allowed 7 runs in that 1st inning.

ESPN said by 1 pitcher.

I watched the first inning. There were three infield hits that could have been outs if fielded properly. Still it was a tough outing for Hudson, I felt bad for Hudson watching it. By the time Hafner came up, Bell should have yanked Hudson but he kept him in there even after walking Marte with the bases loaded.

Talk about "pitching to contact"....Hudson needs to find Dan O'Brien in Milwaukee and smack him.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07
    before this start hudson had pitched very well though

Yes, he has pitched very well before this...much better than any pitcher the REDS have over the last six weeks.

Wish we had him.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis
    Yes, he has pitched very well before this...much better than any pitcher the REDS have over the last six weeks.

Wish we had him.
    Yes, in fairness to Luke, this was his first really bad start since moving into the Royals' rotation.

He has started 7 games including yesterday's fiasco.

He is 4-1 in those 8 games. Wins came against Boston, White Sox, Texas and Toronto. He had two no decisions -- both games he allowed 3 ER in 6.1 innings -- v. Boston and Anaheim. Not a bad run, until yesterday.

Turn Off Ads?