Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick question on night life and pre-game in Cincy

Re: Quick question on night life and pre-game in Cincy

For nightlife after the game, I'd recommend Mt. Adams, though there's not really any Reds themes there, unless ... you happen to run into Arroyo. Bronson's been known to hang out at a specific Mt. Adams bar on Saturday nights, and I've seen him there multiple times.

If you're looking to watch the Reds take BP, I'd honestly first recommend going to see them on the road. I've seen more Reds BP/fielding practice at three road games this season than I've seen in 25 home games this season. The gates open two hours before gametime, and the Reds will be out there taking BP when the gates open, but I'm not sure how much longer they stay out there. If you hit up the Reds on the road, you get the entire duration of BP/fielding practice before the game.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

You might try this if you're set on seeing BP...Tho' you cannot go into the park. Note the non-ballpark entrance to the Machine Room is on the NE corner. From the Reds website:
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...chine_room.jsp

CAN YOU SURVIVE BATTING PRACTICE FROM THE MACHINE ROOM?
    The Machine Room at Great American Ball Park will open 3 hours prior to game time, and fans arriving early can watch batting practice by both teams. (Note: access to the ballpark is not permitted until the gates open)

We invite fans to enjoy the memorabilia and nostalgic photos of the past, including the legendary zambonie from the Big Red Machine era, all while watching current and future Reds stars take the field.

Fans who wish to enjoy the Machine Room on game days must have a ticket to the game.

For more information, call (513) 765-7606
    For information about private parties, call (513) 765-7591
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 23-18 - FINAL
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1 - FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I've had some good times at Game Day post game (hey bucksfan, how's Todd)?? Seen Jim Day there a couple of times after games.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

I guess it's tough to see much of the reds during BP!

thanks everyone
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

No one told me Game day has $1 drafts before the game. woo Hoo.

Pregame dinner: Montgomery Inn Boathouse east of the ballpark

Pregame drinks: Game Day just east of the ballpark on the other side of the US Bank Arena

Postgame festivities: Hofbrauhaus, Tropicana or Mt. Adams, of which the latter gives you the best Cincinnati experience

I think we're doing pregame at Game Day. Burgers and buck beers.

Postgame Hofbrauhaus and Tropicana to see a band.

Thanks so much guys. I think it's going to a great night. Even better if we can be in 1st place by then.

David

Quote Originally Posted by RBA
    How about an excuse to visit Vegas?

http://www.hofbrauhauslasvegas.com/home/index.php

Hofbräuhaus has been operating in Melbourne, Australia since 1968. Hofbräuhaus franchises have been opened in the U.S. (Newport, Kentucky, Las Vegas, Nevada, and soon to open in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania). There has been a franchise at the Bangkok International Airport in the 1990s for some years as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hofbr%C3%A4uhaus
    Didn't know that. When they opened in Newport, I thought they said it was the only one. Thanks!
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck
    Didn't know that. When they opened in Newport, I thought they said it was the only one. Thanks!
    You were sort of right SunDeck... it was the first in America when it opened in 2003...

http://www.hofbrauhausnewport.com/about.html
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 23-18 - FINAL
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1 - FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Yeah I live near Haufbrau House - great place, attracts a bit of a young/fraternity/sorority crowd on weekends - but good pretzels and beer cheese with big liters of homemade brew.

I simply cannot do Arnie's or Tropicana due to the cheesiness factor - but everyone is different and you may really enjoy it, and it's right across the street. Personally I'd head to the Southgate House or Bobby Mackey's after Haufbrau.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack
    Yeah I live near Haufbrau House - great place, attracts a bit of a young/fraternity/sorority crowd on weekends - but good pretzels and beer cheese with big liters of homemade brew.
    What on earth is beer cheese? I like beer, I like cheese, but somehow this doesn't sound very appealing.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    What on earth is beer cheese? I like beer, I like cheese, but somehow this doesn't sound very appealing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weisslacker

Weisslacker or Beer cheese is a type of cheese that originated in Germany, but is now known worldwide. Produced in America, mostly in Wisconsin, it is a pungent and salted cheese. It ripens for seven months in highly humid conditions and is related to Limburger cheese. Connoisseurs of this delicacy often take it with beer (sometimes dipping the cheese directly in their drinks), hence the name. Most people don't realize that beer and cheese have more in common than wine and cheese. Many find it too overpowering to serve with wine. This cheese is also good served on small slices of rye or pumpernickel bread especially with some sliced onion. It is a common item on pub and restaurant menus in the Czech Republic, the country with the highest per-capita beer consumption in the world. Weisslacker is also known as bierkäse, bierkaese, beer kaese and beer cheese. In addition, Weisslacker is a common ingredient in various breads, soups, and dips.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Thanks Pedro. Now I am hungry.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    Thanks Pedro. Now I am hungry.

It's yummy.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck
    The one in Newport is the Hofbrauhaus. Yes, it's german. Kind of can't get any more german- it's the only other Hofbrauhaus outside Munich. Been to both; great beer, good food. I'd recommend the outside beer garden.
    Those beers will screw you up! They're so big!!

And I remember the Bar Maids being hot....they're dressed like the St. Pauli Girl

Turn Off Ads?