Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Offense Trend?

Offense Trend?

I noticed lately that most of our scoring has happened in the later innings of games. I also noticed that 13 of our last 14 games were against RH starting pitching. As a team we are ranked 26 in MLB in AVG against RH pitching. RH pitcher with control seem to kill this team. On the other hand the Reds feast off of LHP. Is there any lineup/players that will/can help against RHP? Almost 75% of our at bats are against RHP this year. I think this need to be addressed in the offseason.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Offense Trend?

Ross deserves to be the starting catcher, but perhaps against certain nasty RH pitching or against a particular righty who gives David a hard time, Valentine would at least add another LH bat, especially while Javier is on a streak.

the trade of Felipe made this team more susceptible to RHPs. The only LHB that profiles to help a little would be giving Javy more ABs against RHPs. At least the Reds have a bunch of games left with the Pirates and they are chock full of LHPs.

DR vs. RH - .229 and a .326 obp.
    JV vs. RH - .258 and a .296 obp.

I thought the same thing, but it just looks like both are bad vs. RH'ers.

Roster glue

Hopefully, Narron won't think the answer is giving Hollandsworth 2 starts a week...

Seriously, though, if the Reds are facing a high density of RHP the next few weeks, hopefully that will give Griffey some good looks.

Quote Originally Posted by boognish
    Hopefully, Narron won't think the answer is giving Hollandsworth 2 starts a week...
    wait until Freel gets dinged again and needs a few days off.

Seriously, though, if the Reds are facing a high density of RHP the next few weeks, hopefully that will give Griffey some good looks.
    As I stated above the Reds, and Griffey, have just faced 13 of the last 14 games against RH starting pitchers. I feel he maybe one of the problems currently. He may need to rest a few games.

Roster glue

The versatility of Freel and Aurilia has, so far, allowed the Reds to keep 3 catchers and 12 pitchers all season without getting bruned too badly. I feel more comfortable with Hollandsworth than McCracken, but the OF surplus of the past has evaporated, and the possibilities if Griffey or Freel get dinged (as has been known to happen the last couple seasons) are frightening--though if serious enough for the DL Denorfia could stpe in for another chance.

I can imagine running this lineup (against RHP, so it isn't completely against the intent of the thread) out in the middle of a pennant race:

Freel CF
    Phillips 2B
    Hatteberg 1B
    Aurilia 3B
    Dunn LF
    Valentin C
    Hollandsworth RF
    Clayton SS
    Pitcher

Roster glue

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rover
    As I stated above the Reds, and Griffey, have just faced 13 of the last 14 games against RH starting pitchers. I feel he maybe one of the problems currently. He may need to rest a few games.
    Hey, you're right on, he's been struggling mightily against mostly RH starters (and the LOOGYs he has faced in the late innings). I'm hoping the screws holding him together aren't the reason he isn't playing to the back of his baseball card.

Fatigue, as you said, looks the most likely reason, but the current roster isn't constructed to give him regular time off, unless Hollandsworth starts twice a week, which I stated above is not something I want to see.

I can imagine running this lineup (against RHP, so it isn't completely against the intent of the thread) out in the middle of a pennant race:

Freel CF
    Phillips 2B
    Hatteberg 1B
    Aurilia 3B
    Dunn LF
    Valentin C
    Hollandsworth RF
    Clayton SS
    Pitcher
    That's an awful lot of out machines at the bottom of the order. Four in a row counting the pitcher.

Turn Off Ads?