Turn Off Ads?

Thread: New ESPN MNF Trio: Can it get any worse?

New ESPN MNF Trio: Can it get any worse?

And I thought Dennis Miller was the low point.

Mike Tirico :thumbdown , Joe Theismann :thumbdown and Tony Kornheiser :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: New ESPN MNF Trio: Can it get any worse?

I used to really like Tirico on college football broadcasts but I can't get past the other two. They are just flat out horrible.

I thought the ESPN Sunday night crew worked well together. I enjoyed the way Mike Patrick called the game and all of the banter between Theisman and Maguire. Wish they would have kept them together, I definitely did not enjoy the debut of the new guys.

Quote Originally Posted by lo ryder
    I thought the ESPN Sunday night crew worked well together. I enjoyed the way Mike Patrick called the game and all of the banter between Theisman and Maguire. Wish they would have kept them together, I definitely did not enjoy the debut of the new guys.
    Man I couldn't disagree with you any more. McGuire was just flat out hilarious he was so bad.

Duke Patrick was about as bad.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Man I couldn't disagree with you any more. McGuire was just flat out hilarious he was so bad.

Duke Patrick was about as bad.
    Spot on. And as we all know they made every player out to be one of the greatest at his respective position since Jim Thorpe last graced the gridiron.

I didn't see the telecast, but I normally enjoy Kornheiser.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I only saw about a quarter and half before I had to go to bed but Kornheiser seemed pretty good. He seemed to fit in well and didn't seem to be trying too hard to find something say. He actually seemed like himself which is exactly what he needs to do. I don't know how well he will work out in the long run but for now he will be fine. Theisman seemed like his old arrogant self and I believe Kornheiser will keep him in check with that. Tirico was his steady pbp self. Like I said only saw a small portion but most reviews I have read seemed very positive of this new MNF crew.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Yeah, it didn't have the same feel.

Not that Patrick was all that great.

I would put it right up there with a CBS telecast with Ian Eagle, and Solomon Wilcots. You just don't pay a whole lot of attention to what they are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    I didn't see the telecast, but I normally enjoy Kornheiser.
    x2. PTI is must-see for me...those few times lately when Tony's been there.

As much as I like Kornheiser and Tirico, I do not care for Theisman at all.

It was a little rocky but let's not forget it's preseason for these guys too. Not that I think it will do Theismann any good because he's awful (and that's coming from a Redskins fan who worshiped him in the 80s).

I don't see how these guys can possibly do worse than Patrick, Theismann and Maguire but we'll see.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?