Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Redsfest Is Back

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Redsfest Is Back

cincinnati.com/cincinnati enquirer:

Redsfest back on the calendar

The Kahn's Redsfest is back. The event, coming off a two-year absence, is scheduled for Dec. 1-2 at Duke Energy Center downtown.

The festival, which allows fans to interact with current and former Reds - and even mascot Gapper - was not held in 2004 or 2005 because of construction on the convention center.

"The Cincinnati Reds are very proud and excited to announce the return of Redsfest, our annual fan festival," said Reds chief executive officer Bob Castellini. "This year's event will kick off annual festivities that are more unique and spectacular than anything we've offered in the past. Our sponsors have really stepped up so that we can make this the premier preseason event for Reds fans."

Times and ticket information have not been announced, but fans can register online at www.reds.com/redsfest to win four VIP Redsfest Experience packages, which include four tickets to the event, an autographed program, a personalized Reds jersey and bat, and a meet-and-greet session with Reds players and coaches.

Entries also can be mailed on postcards to Great American Ball Park, c/o Redsfest VIP Experience, 100 Main St., Cincinnati, OH 45202.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Redsfest Is Back

Gotta love that Castellini guy. What a turnaround from the previous regime in positive energy both on and off the field.
    VBR IS LIVING IN CINCINNATI...I FEEL GOOD!

Free head of lettuce for the first 1,000 through the gate
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

The festival, which allows fans to interact with current and former Reds - and even mascot Gapper - was not held in 2004 or 2005 because of construction on the convention center.
    What a load of BS.

They couldn't of scheduled it for another venue?
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Free head of lettuce for the first 1,000 through the gate
    Dang it! I was hoping for some apples.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB
    What a load of BS.

They couldn't of scheduled it for another venue?
    Funny thing is they could have scheduled it for the convention center. I mean they had all the usual shows in there the past couple of years, why not RedsFest?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

My boys will be so excited!!! My youngest was born in 1999 and I named him after the Reds first round draft choice the year before WITHOUT telling my wife. She found out about it about 6 months after his birth. He has talked for 2 years about going to Redsfest and getting to meet Austin Kearns like his brother got to do at the last one... He was very upset after the trade...
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Another check mark in the favorable catagory for Mr. C.

What a great way to encourage fan interest in the reds and strengthen the interest of those already reds fans.

Smart, smart, business.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

which allows fans to interact with current and former Reds - and even mascot Gapper -
    What? Gapper's going to be there? Wow, now I HAVE to go!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?