Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Which Reds team was best.....

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll

42 89.36%

2 4.26%

1 2.13%

0 0%

1 2.13%

1 2.13%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your favorite Reds team....

Re: Your favorite Reds team....

Here are my Reds favorite REGULAR seasons since I have followed them in 1974:

NOTE: The 1975 and 1976 regular seasons were BLOW OUTS.

1. 1979 (No Pete, No Sparky but we still won the DIVISION!!)

2. 1975 (Enough said)

3 1976 (Enough said)

4. 1999 (No one expected it)

5. 1974 (We almost came from behind to beat the Dodgers)

6. 1981 (Best record in baseball, NO PLAYOFFS!???)

7 1985 (When Pete said before the season, "WE CAN WIN THIS DIVISION")

8. 1978 (We contended most of the year with injuries etc.)

9. 1990 (SWEET LOU)

10. 1987 (We started off very good but CHOCKED)

11. 1994 (We were on top of the division before the Strike.)

12. 1995 (Division Title!!)

13. 2006 - (We will see what happens)

14. 1992 - (We cut the lead from Atlanta from 10 games to 4 in LATE September. Too late but what a great attempt to come back!!)
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Wow, that list kind of reminds me of going to a mixer with an ugly sorrority.
    2000 was nice because Jr arrived, but was pretty forgetable after Neagle was dumped. 2001-2005 were definitely forgettable.

I guess 2006 wins by default.

EDIT: I didn't realize 2000 was excluded.. Way to stack a poll
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

1926 - best Reds team to finish 2nd, IMO. (over 1943, 1964, 1974, 1988, or 1999) Arguably, the '26 team might have had one of the best Reds pitching staffs of all time.

1961 - From nowhere to NL pennant.

I'm still trying to forget 2001, 2003, 2005, and the last halves of 2002 and 2004.
    Last edited by Heath; 08-16-2006 at 09:36 AM.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

A Lost Ball In High Weeds shredda2000's Avatar

1990...Wire to Wire BABY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    1940 was a weak year for the NL, the Dodgers were just starting to get better, the Cardinals were in transition and the rest of the league was hovering around .500 or much, much worse. That was probably the best Reds fielding team in the pre fake grass era.
    Not only was it one of the best teams fielding, they obliterated the rest of the league in that category -

Plus, they won a World Series on techincally their fourth catcher.

1926 - best Reds team to finish 2nd, IMO. (over 1943, 1964, 1974, 1988, or 1999) Arguably, the '26 team might have had one of the best Reds pitching staffs of all time.
    Yep, that was a big year in the Midwest, the Cards finally topped off their rise to the top and the Reds hit their alltime high in attendance, but fell short in September, after a Edd Rush error ruined their hopes, In Lee Allen’s book “The Cincinnati Reds” he titled the chapter about the 1926 season as “The Season that Brought Everything”

Except first place I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Yep, that was a big year in the Midwest, the Cards finally topped off their rise to the top and the Reds hit their alltime high in attendance, but fell short in September, after a Edd Rush error ruined their hopes, In Lee Allen’s book “The Cincinnati Reds” he titled the chapter about the 1926 season as “The Season that Brought Everything”

Except first place I guess.
    Career Years, an aging Eddy Roush, a healthy (for him) Bubbles Hargrave, and and solid pitching staff with some 'veteran precense' will do that to you.

I don't think after '26 the Reds sniffed the first division until 12 years later. Why would Sidney Weil and Carl Lindner get along so well?

I don't think after '26 the Reds sniffed the first division until 12 years later. Why would Sidney Weil and Carl Lindner get along so well?
    Oddly enough that would be the first time they topped the 1926 attendance as well.... who says this town follows a loser?

Weil, had no business buyinmg up the wayward stock of the Reds, out of it he gets pictures of himself in a Reds uniform and then becomes so broke he borrows money from he Crad and then turns around and uses it to buy an aging player off them... one with eye issues who's first season is tanked in Cincinnati.

I wonder if he filed a grievence?

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    Wow, that list kind of reminds me of going to a mixer with an ugly sorrority.

EDIT: I didn't realize 2000 was excluded.. Way to stack a poll
    Hahahaha...that's what I thought too Redread. It's been horrible around here since the turn of the century.

BTW, I wasn't stacking the poll. There are just a number of very young posters on RZ and I didn't want them to feel excluded by going soooo far back in history that it was outside their historical frame of reference.

Turn Off Ads?