Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Which Reds team was best.....

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll

42 89.36%

2 4.26%

1 2.13%

0 0%

1 2.13%

1 2.13%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite Reds team....

Your favorite Reds team....

Ok, time for another poll.

Of the options available, which team did/do you find most enjoyable and competitive at this point in the season? In other words, compare this team in August to the other options in August. Which do you think is best?
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 08-15-2006 at 10:14 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Your favorite Reds team....

There is only one great Reds team and my favorite....the 1976 Reds.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

While this team is certainly cobbled together, and the duct tape is showing to be sure, I think this team has something special that the other teams lacked. It might be that fabled intagible, but even if they fall short, they are a team that is allowing a genuine modicum of hope late into the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    1975 wasn't so bad either......

But they aint on the list! hahahahahaha

Obviously the '06 team is the best, since the others had all collapsed by this point in the season. I'm not really sure what the point of this poll is. I will say I've got a soft spot for the '03 team though, just for the sheer absurdity of it.

I like this year’s team because they were supposed to lose. They were an afterthought in all the analyst's minds before the season started. Even after they showed they could play some ball they all said it's just a matter of time before they collapse. Heck there are still many voices saying that. If nothing else they have proved that you can't write a team off based on payroll, talent, history, or management before the season even starts. Win or lose at this point, I still consider this team to be a successful team in the sense that they have achieved a great deal more success than most thought possible.

Obviously the '06 team is the best, since the others had all collapsed by this point in the season.
    2002 team was 61-58 on this date... they folded like a lawn chair.

I'll take the 2006 team. They may not be scrappy on the field, but they are scrappy in their ability to rebound from adversity.

I think I've written this team off about 2 or 3 separate times this year only to have them reel off an implausible win streak. They are kinda like that bug you stomp on 3-4 times only to have it continue to run away.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Which do you enjoy more: your team staying in contention all year or being hit in the groin with a crowbar the entire month of August?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini
    Obviously the '06 team is the best, since the others had all collapsed by this point in the season. I'm not really sure what the point of this poll is.
    I just wanted to double check that people were, infact, enjoying this season and actually being in the hunt in mid-August.

Forget all the aruging over "the trade" , EE vs RA, Majeskygate, Narron being a dolt, the WBC, the WC and the WB. Forget all the wrangling over AK's work ethic, Dunn's walks and Bray's Balls. Take away all of the missed opportunities to gain on the Cards and whether $1 hot dogs is a good idea or travisty.

The fact is we are in the hunt in mid-August for the first time in a LONG time.

It may all come crashing down. And I know some will poo-poo this as being "sunshine" (because somehow being positive is a bad thing?). It all may be smoke and mirrors that evaporates before the end of the season.

But I just wanted to see if people were really enjoying this season of if they liked a previous season better.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    2002 team was 61-58 on this date... they folded like a lawn chair.
    They finished 78-84. So the rest of the way they went 17-26. Yikes.

Check out some of these numbers:
    Haynes- 4.12 ERA
    Dessens- 3.03
    Reitsma- 3.64
    Graves- 3.19, 32 saves
    Williamson- 2.92
    White- 2.98

Kearns had a .907 OPS as a rookie. What happend to him?
    Dunn had 26 HR and 77 RBIs with a .954 OPS
    Griffey played in 70 games.
    Boone drove in 87 runs.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CIN/2002.shtml
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I for one love the DanO/Miley lead team of last year, so much fire and effort, and the moves that DanO was making on a daily basis letting Miley play with 17 or 18 avaliable guys on a nightly basis, oh just remembering sends chills down my spine.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Favorite or best????

That's 2 different animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    Personally, the 1940 Reds are probably my favorite.

They are probably the greatest Reds team that nobody remembers nowadays. Fans still remember the BRM era and the 1990 team, and the 1919 team will always be tied to the Black Sox Scandal. But the 1940 team came back from being embarrassed in the 1939 World Series by the Yanks' Dynasty to defeat the Tigers in seven thrilling games in the 1940 World Series. Bucky Walters and Paul Derringer in 1939-1940 is probably the greatest one-two punch the Reds have ever had in the rotation.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

1940 was a weak year for the NL, the Dodgers were just starting to get better, the Cardinals were in transition and the rest of the league was hovering around .500 or much, much worse. That was probably the best Reds fielding team in the pre fake grass era.

Turn Off Ads?