Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 2 Crazy Games: Cubs win in 18 (8-6), D-Backs/Rocks tied in 16th (1-1)

"So Fla Red"

2 Crazy Games: Cubs win in 18 (8-6), D-Backs/Rocks tied in 16th (1-1)

Cubs/Astros just ended. 8-6 win for Cubbies in 5 hours and 36 minutes. Scoreless from the 10th-17th after Lidge blew the save in the 9th.

Talk about one crazy box score. Cubs used ten pitchers. Willie Taveras batting nine times and went 1-9. Dave Borkowski pitched the last six innings for the Astros.

What is up in Colorado, the new pitchers paradise. 1-1 going into the bottom of the 16th...

The NL Wildcard continues its march of futility across the board. Need to beat the Cards tomorrow.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2 Crazy Games: Cubs win in 18 (8-6), D-Backs/Rocks tied in 16th (1-1)

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred
    Cubs/Astros just ended. 8-6 win for Cubbies in 5 hours and 36 minutes. Scoreless from the 10th-17th after Lidge blew the save in the 9th.

Talk about one crazy box score. Cubs used ten pitchers. Willie Taveras batting nine times and went 1-9. Dave Borkowski pitched the last six innings for the Astros.

What is up in Colorado, the new pitchers paradise. 1-1 going into the bottom of the 16th...

The NL Wildcard continues its march of futility across the board. Need to beat the Cards tomorrow.
    Everyday I'm more and more inclined to believe the Reds really are the best wildcard team. Who's better?

Gonna be fun couple months either way.

I got a feeling that with Arroyo and Harang fading it's gonna be up to Milton/Lohse/ and Homer to pick up the slack.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Jamey Carrol is now 0 for his last 13 at the plate.

Amazing thing is that is in two straight games!

That has to be some record.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Diamondbacks take a 2-1 lead in the 18th.
    Brandon Medders then walks the lead off hitter for the Rockies.

Diamondbacks won 2-1

Haunted by walks

Who says they don't play doubleheaders anymore?

"So Fla Red"

Arroyo needs to be huge tomorrow. We've been losing about 70% of the games he has started since mid-June.

I'm also wondering if Harang has hit the wall. Aftrer last week's slugfest, I fully expected Carpenter/Harang to man-up and pitch a 2-1 type workhorse game tonight.

Call me Edskin, but tomorrow's might simply be the biggest game of the year -- a strong outing by the playoff tested Arroyo and I think things might get back on track psychologically from the pitching staff. Another medicore performance and staring at the eyes of a crushing sweep, the doubts about the uphill battle the Reds face over the next 6 weeks seep in.

Simply put, Arroyo time to step up huge tomorrow...

Glad to see the D-Backs and Astros both use up alot of their bullpen... if their starters have a rough way to go in the next few games then it could get ugly

That was the first time in Major League history that two 18 inning games were played in the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    That was the first time in Major League history that two 18 inning games were played in the same day.
    Wow.

I watched the Cubs-Stros game in a bar from about the eighth inning on. Suffice it to say that even though they went inning after inning without scoring, this was hardly a pitchers' duel. The offenses of those teams are ridiculously bad, they couldn't hit a watermelon with a mack truck. And they certainly couldn't drive the watermelon into home.

I actually missed the Cubs scoring in the eighteenth, because no one in the bar (in Wrigleyville) was paying attention. They are sad, sad little fans right now. I rather strongly dislike the Cubs. So it was ok really that I missed them scoring. I may be rooting for them right now when they play teams like Houston but that doesn't mean I have to see it.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Jacque Jones had 870 feet worth of fly-balls in two AB's. One was a HR, the other was a 430 ft. fly out to Tal's Hill. Probably the longest out ever made in a current stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    They are sad, sad little fans right now.
    I must say, this warms the cockles of my heart to hear. My feelings for Cubs fans occupies a particularly black spot in my soul.

Pay attention to the open sky

Turn Off Ads?