Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What current or former Dodger do you dislike the most?

Re: What current or former Dodger do you dislike the most?

L.A.sorda, Fernando (talk about stealing the Cy Young!), pretty much all of 'em except for Mariano Duncan and Eric Davis.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well, this thread is winding down and confirms my earlier statement. If your a true Reds fan, you do not like the Dodgers. About this, what if play them in the first round of the playoffs. Both teams division champions. Now, that would be fun!
    GO REDS

I would have to say Steve Yeager is who I dislike the most after reading a Baseball Digest article in the mid-1970's. It was titled, The Catcher Who Says He Is Better Than Bench.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

In specific order:

5. Mike Scoscia- Just didn't like him because Norm Charlton didn't, not so much now I guess.

4. Steve Garvey- Just always seemed so darn smug.

3. J.D. Drew- Any unproven guy that holds his team hostage for more $$$ than is reasonable, and then goes back into the draft the next year and goes to another team should be exiled from the sport.

2. Tommy Lasorda- Sometimes now he cracks me up, but my Grandpa could not stand and so I developed a strong dislike for him. I never laughed so hard when he was 3rd base coach at the AS game a few years back and got knocked on his keester by a foul ball. Feet up in the air hat on his face and all, sorta reminds me of a Weeble Wobble. I guess they do fall down.

1. Kal Daniels- Yeah I know he was Red, and much like the previously stated Landestoy deal this had a great degree of why Kal ranks so high. That and I remember him flexing his muscle and running his mouth in the dugout after he hit a bomb against us after that. I just never liked him much even as a Red, although he was a pretty good hitter.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Darryl Strawberry
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Mike Marshall(the outfielder not the pitcher)

I remember a quote that said "he wen't on the DL for getting shampoo in his eyes!"

Rafael Landestoy and Daryl Spencer, possibly John Franco and Tim Leary

Quote Originally Posted by redhawkfish
    Mike Marshall(the outfielder not the pitcher)

I remember a quote that said "he wen't on the DL for getting shampoo in his eyes!"
    Didn't like the brainiac pitcher, either.

Mike Marshall (the pitcher) because he reportedly used to mock Tony Perez. The slimebag couldn't have carried Perez's Hall of Fame jockstrap.

Nancy Marshall, his wife, and Bobbie Bouton, Jim's wife, wrote a book about their sleazy husbands called Home Games.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds
    Garvey. I knew he was a fraud back in the 70's. Not Mr. Perfect like he was portrayed. He proved it later by going on a sex rampage and getting multiple women pregnant.
    Garvey's sexual escapades came to public knowledge around the same time that Pete Rose was banned from baseball for gambling. There was a joke going around stating that Rose had bet on the Breeder's Cup, and Garvey had won it.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson
    Bill Russell, I felt like he was very overrated!!
    I dunno, Russell's Celtics won a lot of NBA titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    You could put the whole '77 and '78 Dodger teams in a bus and drive it over a cliff and I'd be happy. Put Garvey, Lopes, Cey, Dusty Baker, and Don Sutton in the front seats.

Later on, Derrel Thomas was a punk.

And I never liked Orel Hershiser stealing the Cy Young from Danny Jackson.

I think it could be safely said I have never really liked the Dodgers.
    While Hershiser deserved the 1988 Cy Young award, I otherwise agreed with the above post. There probably hasn't been a Dodger player that I liked since Sandy Koufax.
    Probably my least favorite Dodger is Lasorda. Everytime I think that Tommy Lasorda is in the Hall of Fame and Pete Rose is not, I want to puke.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    Garvey's sexual escapades came to public knowledge around the same time that Pete Rose was banned from baseball for gambling. There was a joke going around stating that Rose had bet on the Breeder's Cup, and Garvey had won it.

NOW THAT is funny!
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

I hated the Dodgers back in the 70's when the Reds and Dodgers were in the NL West. That was a big rivalry. But looking back at these names, I cant say I ever hated any one guy in particular. It was fun watching the best go up against more of the best. Well, come to think of it, I think Davey Lopes stole second base one time when the Dodgers were lucky enough to be up by 6 or 8 runs. After pulling that stunt, I hated his guts for awhile. LOL

I remember seeing a GREAT game at Riverfront somewhere around 1979-1980. 'Twas a Friday night, the place was packed. The Dodgers are starting to rally. Reds mgr John McNamara gets hard-throwing reliever Doug Bair up and throwing. Within a couple minutes, Bair is throwing bullets to the bullpen catcher. Despite all the noise, and there was MUCH MUCH more noise than normal, I could still hear Bair's pitches POP loudly into the bullpen catcher's mitt. It was magic, you had to be there. Steve Garvey came to the plate with his bat and those "Popeye" arms. Garvey got his pitch and sent a screaming liner over the leftfield wall. I'm not sure if he hit that off Bair or before Bair got in the game. I relayed the story to Doug Bair when I ran into him about 5 yrs ago. He liked talking baseball with somebody who recognized him, but he didnt recall Garvey crushing a HR off him in Cincinnati.

some history....

SEPTEMBER 3, 1975 … The Los Angeles Dodgers lick their wounds after receiving a good ole’ fashion butt-whippin’ by the Big Red Machine Cincinnati Reds in the opener of a two-game series in Cincinnati. The Reds erupt for a ten-run offensive explosion in the fourth-inning after there are two outs and without the help of a HR. The Reds humiliate the Dodgers with a 13-2 final score. Gary Nolan picks up the win, Andy Messersmith takes the loss. The Reds sit high atop the NL West with a 92-46 record, 19 ½ games ahead of the second-place Dodgers.

AUGUST 8, 1976 … The Big Red Machine Cincinnati Reds complete a four game sweep of the rival Dodgers in Los Angeles. The Reds are cruising at the top the NL West with a record of 73-39, 13 games ahead of the second-place Dodgers.

Can you imagine what that was like going into THEIR ballpark and kicking THEIR butts in front of THEIR fans and leaving with a four game sweep??
    Last edited by LINEDRIVER; 08-18-2006 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    Mike Marshal and his silly wife that used to call in to all of the Radio shows.
    I will second this Mike Marshall listing....I was thinking about this very thread today and his name was the first one that popped into my mind and actually one that I hadn't seen listed yet and thought I might be the first to bring it up....but I was beaten to the punch....for some reason, I could never stand the guy.

Although I don't know much about his wife and her calling into radio stations.

Turn Off Ads?